Hardware for XBMC with lowest cosumption
wow, that sure is cool.

I wonder (when it ever gets jailbreaked) if it will be possible to have it play uncompressed 1080p and 1080p24.
As far as I know, it still doesn't do 'real' 1080p, but some extra compressed low bitrate version that iTunes offers.
Good question. Hard to know what it will be capable of, since it's designed to stream iTunes content only. I had the ATV2 for a while and it did a great job playing 720p content, but nothing more than that. It was also fairly slow with anything more complex than Confluence. I think the A5 processor in the ATV3 is much faster, but I guess we won't know for sure what it can do until someone finds a way to jailbreak it. I'm tempted to buy one just for Netflix.
Back to my question.
So best solution for today is Celeron G1610 + board for socket 1155, but which chipset ( H61, H67, H77 ? ) ?
Is existing mini-itx board with msata support a external ( notebook ) power supply support for 1155 socket ?

Grafic card is part of CPU ?
Is possible passive cooling ?

Alda
Try the original apple tv ($100 on ebay) . If you get a BCM70015 chip ($35) it'll do 1080p (you'll lose wireless in the process). I removed the fan in atv and it now runs 17watts during use. 13 under idle.
If you can afford it, get apple tv2 that's been jailbroken. Mine uses 2watts under load and about 1 watt at idle.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware for XBMC with lowest cosumption0