Can't edit saved playlist - Freezing
Hi all,

I've been having an issue since XBMC 11. I can't edit any saved music playlist, it freeze XBMC. It used to work, then stopped at some point. I never took care of the issue, but now it's time. I have re-installed (complete re-install of the OS) Ubuntu with XBMC 12 and I still have the same issue, so the problem may lies in my music library somewhere...

I searched the forum for similar issues but couldn't find anything, so I thought I'd ask here for input.

Description of the issue:

- I go to my Music Library then Playlist
- I select a playlist (NOT a smart playlist, those work) then I open the context menu and select Edit Playlist
- I press the left arrow to select Library under "System music files"
- As soon as I press OK, it freeze

I also tried selecting "Files" instead of "Library" under "System music files". Previously, in XBMC 11, it was also freezing. Now, it freezes for about a minute then unfreeze without doing anything.

System information:

- Ubuntu Linux 12.10 (quantal) i686 installed from XBMCbuntu
- Kernel: 3.5.0-25-generic
- XBMC 12.1
- About 110 GB of music

Logs and debug:

- strace output here: http://pastebin.com/kRE6Armb
- Debug log here: http://pastebin.com/AMrXwTj3

NOTE: I just noticed while looking at the xbmc.log, that it seems to loop forever while getting the music file list!!! I also tried a different skin, but it didn't change anything.

Please let me know if you have an idea. I would also be interested to know if other people have the same issue or if it is me only?

Thanks,

JP
Are your music files located on a separate server?
Do you encounter the same problem when you create a new playlist? If the answer is no, are you able to edit this newly created playlist?
Hi artrafael,

Thanks for the quick answer. Files are local to server. Let's assume that I can create a new playlist but can't edit it. I say "let's assume" because I didn't test it with v12 but I did with v11. I can't test it right now but I will as soon as I can.

Looks like a bug to me.

Thanks again,

JP
Hi artrafael,

I doubled check and it freeze as well after creating a new playlist. I even tried to go in the playlists, to the bottom, then "New playlist" (rather than Now Playing and Save), which prompt you with a vanilla list. It also freeze there.

Thanks,

JP

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't edit saved playlist - Freezing0