multiple profiles with different library settings
I want to install XBMC on my Windows tablet, but need to have two different profiles; one for home with my home library (media on NAS server, MySQL backend) and one for my mobile library (media on USB flash drive). How do I set this up?

thanks in advance
Haven't tried this, but my guess would be to create the second profile and specify "Media info" and "Media sources" as "Separate" from your master/primary profile. Plug-in your flash drive, switch over to the secondary profile, define the desired location(s) on your flash drive as source(s), define content type(s)/scraper(s), and scan the media from your flash drive into your library.

While at home, you would use your primary profile which accesses your MySQL library content. While away from home, you would plug-in your flash drive and switch over to your secondary profile which accesses the library content located on your flash drive. Be sure to plug-in the flash drive *before* you log-in to the secondary profile or else XBMC won't be happy.
Well, I have custom sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml files. How would that work in a dual profile setup?
When you create a new profile, XBMC will store a new sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml in the profile folder if you say Media Sources as Separate.

i.e.

XBMC
-------userdata
------------profiles
---------------<profile_name>

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
multiple profiles with different library settings0