[Release] MMA UFC event Scraper sherdog+themoviedb
This scraper is for MMA Events.

URL: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xm2x2zayqpce7wq
MD5: c9e822ae6884948086861866b60bd49d

It gets event details from sherdog.com and then will attempt to load the poster and fanart from themoviedb.org (using the title and year from sherdog).
The values it sets:
Title: Event title (from sherdog)
Year: Event year (from sherdog)
Studio: Name of promotion (from sherdog)
Genre: "MMA Event" (hardcoded) / Name of promotion (from sherdog)
Cast: List of fighters (from sherdog)
Plot: Promotion name, date of event, and list of match ups (all from sherdog)
Thumb: from themoviedb.org
Fanart: from themoviedb.org

Screenshot:

It uses the filenames to search sherdog. So naming your files like this will work:
Code:
Bellator-90.mp4
Bellator 95.mp4
Bellator_95.mp4
Invicta-5.avi
Pride-1.avi
Strikeforce Marquardt vs Saffiedine.mp4
Strikeforce Marquardt vs Saffiedine-prelims.mp4
UFC-138.avi
UFC-138-prelims.mp4
UFC-138 facebook.avi
UFC-FOX-1.avi
UFC FOX 4.avi
UFC_FUEL_3.mp4
UFC-FX-4.mp4
UFC LIVE 5.mp4
Some Notes on filenames:
> All '-' and '_' characters are converted to a space for searching, so effectively the same as space
> "prelims" or "facebook" are stripped from the search, but are then added back into the final title. So the three UFC 138 files will be added as three titles:
Code:
UFC 138 - Leben vs. Munoz
UFC 138 - Leben vs. Munoz (Prelims)
UFC 138 - Leben vs. Munoz (Facebook)

If you want the facebook, prelims, and main event all as one movie in XBMC, the usual works. Put them all in a single folder with the event name (e.g. "UFC -138") and check the generic "Movies are in Seperate folders..." option.

This is my first ever crack at an XBMC scanner/plugin and done over two days, so its still a but basic, and probably inefficent. But its a start.
Known issues:
- No use of caching anywhere
- If the themoviedb.org search matches on incorrect movie/event there is no way to fix the images other than manually.
- No settings. Language for images is blank, and fan art is always loaded
Sounds great, budswell. Cant wait to try it out
Media Server - Unraid v6, Intel G550, 4GB, 6TB

HTPC - Windows 10, Kodi 15.0, E4400, 2GB
how do we set this up?
Does it have to be in movies or tvshows?
Press THANK USER if I Help
Its Movies Sorry. I realise TV shows would be better, but there was no doco on that so haven't figured out how it all hangs together.

Just install the addon from zip file (under settings) and you should have a new option for scraping movie folders. You could then use smart playlists to keep them separate from actual movies if you wanted.
Absolutely brilliant.

Ive always wanted to update my "casts" and more so have the list of fights in the description but it would have took an age so this is just the ticket.

Thank you very very much Smile

Just done a quick test and its almost working perfectly

The only thing it missed while scanning was that each event is part of a collection so its not grouped them in to a set
Fixing the "set" part was pretty easy, i just exported the files and opened all the NFO's of say Pride in Notepad++ and used replace to change <set></set> to <set>Pride</set> all in one go.

1 problem i have is that i have edited my UFC NFO's 1 by one to add a sort title to match wiki's event number so they are all in proper order. For example <sorttitle>UFC 0238</sorttitle> for Nogueira vs Werdum and <sorttitle>UFC 0239</sorttitle> for UFC 161

Is there anyway to keep these or use the scraper to scrape the order somehow?
Is there any way to keep these movies out of showing in the "Movie" menu? I'd like to put the UFC events into a lets say generic TV menu containing "sports shows" but would like to keep the Movies menu to movies and documentaries and keep sports events to a separate place. I have the MMA events in a separate folder on my disk but obviously when I am picking the MMA folder to "Movies" to set the scraper they show up in Movies as well.
Unfortunately I'm not too sure how TV scrapers work. From what I can gather they depend on an episode list or something. Ideally I would have a TV show per organisation, and do seasons based on calendar year. But I'm not sure how possible this is. Its the getEpisodeList call I don't know what to do with. I don't really have the time to play at the moment sorry. Hoping things will quiet down for me in October and will get back to it then.

You can set up smart playlists where you filter on the folder name (e.g. where path contains /MMA/). But that is no good when using the remote app unfortunately - which is how we use it at home.
(2013-08-10, 12:47)ironlung Wrote: Is there any way to keep these movies out of showing in the "Movie" menu? I'd like to put the UFC events into a lets say generic TV menu containing "sports shows" but would like to keep the Movies menu to movies and documentaries and keep sports events to a separate place. I have the MMA events in a separate folder on my disk but obviously when I am picking the MMA folder to "Movies" to set the scraper they show up in Movies as well.

You could always group movie sets and add all your MMA events to a MMA set.

They will still show up in "Movies" but at least then it only shows 1 cover until you go into the set.

(2013-08-10, 15:29)budswell Wrote: Unfortunately I'm not too sure how TV scrapers work. From what I can gather they depend on an episode list or something. Ideally I would have a TV show per organisation, and do seasons based on calendar year. But I'm not sure how possible this is. Its the getEpisodeList call I don't know what to do with. I don't really have the time to play at the moment sorry. Hoping things will quiet down for me in October and will get back to it then.

You can set up smart playlists where you filter on the folder name (e.g. where path contains /MMA/). But that is no good when using the remote app unfortunately - which is how we use it at home.

Hi mate

You had any time to have a look at updating your scraper?
This still works excellent. Thanks.
just found this scraper, working great, thanks!
Thanks!! Was having a heck of a time w/ Bellator!
I'm having some issues with the 'prelims' file. I've tried everything from spaces to underscores to hyphens. 'Prelims' and 'prelims', nothing is working.

Example:
"UFC 190-prelims.mp4"

It finds the event and renames all the files to the correct event, but without the prelims.

Also does this plugin support early prelims and weigh ins?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] MMA UFC event Scraper sherdog+themoviedb1