• 10(current)
Release After Watch
Shame about this imdb business. Is there no work around?
Hello, has anyone figured out how to enable After Watch delete of SMB shares on Windows?
(2014-05-13, 18:20)bobrap Wrote:
(2014-05-01, 18:29)AlexVallat Wrote: This appears to be just the plugin I'm looking for, so thank you for writing it!

Unfortunately, there seems to be a small bug in it, when it comes to network shares. It doesn't appear to be able to delete any files accessed through smb.

Doing a little digging, I've tracked this down to the use of os.path.normpath. When Movie or Episode (in service.py) gets the file path from the json API, it will have a path something like "smb://server/share/folder", which is then passed through os.path.normpath before being assigned to self.path. Normpath then completely mangles it, producing "smb:\server\share\folder" which isn't going to work for anyone!

I tried simply replacing the line
Code:
self.path = os.path.normpath(p)
with
Code:
self.path = p
and that makes it work (for my particular case!), using the alternative deletion method (so using xbmcvfs for the file operations). Also, make sure in file management - episodes (or movies I guess) you have it set for single folder, if that's how you're set up.

Ideally, it would be nice if the plugin could simply request xbmc to remove the video from the library, and let its default handling do the deletion (rather than delete and request full cleaning). Unfortunately, as far as I can tell from a cursory inspection of the API, it's completely impossible to remove an item from the library using the API. Which is a shame.

Tried this and still won't delete a file for me.

I just sorted this out. First, make sure using the context menu - Manage - remove - delete works. I also have my passwords.xml file set up to re-path smb files to smb://username:password@ipaddress/ ... the key wasn't the changes in service.py for me. It was making sure to use xbmcvfs is set - go into after watch - settings - advanced and tick on "alternate file management method". I only know that because I first tried changing service.py but forgot to do the xbmcvfs thing and it didn't work. then i backed out the service.py changes and did make the alternate file management and now it works as intended.

Now I just need to figure out how to make it work more like the context menu functionality (i.e., doesn't run a full clean and re-scan of the library).

Anyway hope that helps.
I just found this add-on, after looking for something like this for a while. I've tested the script to/from NFS shares, which all seem to fail. The os.path.normpath(p) --> p change in the script didn't help for me.

Instead of using NFS shares, I have the NFS shares now mounted under /storage in OpenELEC. Now the script worked as expected, although the Clean-Up script doesn't neccesarily have to run, could be optional.

Nevertheless, it seems the dev hasn't been around for some time on this forum, might have lost interest ? Is somebody running an active fork of the script ?
(2014-08-07, 23:41)Theli93 Wrote: Is the IMDb portion of this plug-in dead then, or is there work being done to restore it?

Does anyone know if this feature will be available again at some point? I really miss
This addon seems awesome - the option to delete a file directly after viewing is something I've wanted for a while and I din't realise that a clever addon had already been written.

However...I can't get it to work in Helix. (Addon can be installed and enabled, but the "configure" option cannot be selected).
Is this confirmed totally non-functional in Helix? Or have i got something wrong in the installation process?

If it doesn't currently work at all in He;ix, are there any plans to fix this addon / introduce the same functionality for Helix and above?

Thanks!
Hi,
I found this add-on just yesterday and it's really great. However I found one small thing when using it with Kodi.
I'm using Kodi for downloading subtitles for the movies and tv shows. Since Kodi moved the subtitles add-on to the core it downloads the subtitles file with the language mark at the end of the file name, which looks like below:
movie: matrix.mkv
subs: matrix.en.txt
I found that After Watch is not moving the subtitle file together with the movie file if there is the language mark. Is this possible to fix it in the future After Watch release?

Thanks.
Anyone know if there is another FUNCTIONING addon with similar features?
I keep movies in /movies and movies I've seen in /movies/_old if this addon was working would it move watched movies and episode into the old folder?

If not is there another way todo this?
Hi everyone,

I've changed the code and removed no longer working functions (mainly IMDb stuff). Moving and deleting on SMB and NFS shares is now working if alternative file management method is set in the add-on configuration (disabled by default). If you have local disks / mounts, it's recommended to keep the alternative method disabled, since this allows much faster local I/O operations (moving with alternative method will first copy and than delete, since no other method is possible on SMB/NFS).

If you've installed the current version of the add-on, please first uninstall before installing this one. These folders eventually needs to be removed manually:
Code:
.kodi/addons/script.hautopc.after-watch
.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.hautopc.after-watch

Keep in mind the code it's still a little bit rough, but at least it's in working state. If you encounter any problems, please post a Kodi debug log (with debugging enabled in the add-on) and I'll see what I can do to fix it.
Download new version here: https://github.com/jvandenbroek/script.afterwatch

The original developer Pynto R gave me permission to continue his great work under the same name.
Thanks for updating After Watch, jvanderbroek. I just upgraded my Intel NUC from Windows 7 x64 to Windows 10 x64 and from Kodi Isengard to Kodi Jarvis.

Your updated After Watch works fine for Movies, but doesn't delete TV Shows. I found I had to add a 1 second delay for the confirm dialog and enable alternate file management method. For TV Shows, I use Single folder structure. For instance: Anime/Cowboy Bebop/[OZC]Cowboy_Bebop_Blu-ray_Box_S01E11_'Toys_in_the_Attic'_[1080p].mkv

Can you help? I tried switching skins, but that didn't make a difference. I enabled debugging in the addon and Kodi. Here's the debug log:

http://xbmclogs.com/pxerktci5

Thanks!
(2016-02-19, 13:07)jvandenbroek Wrote: Hi everyone,

I've changed the code and removed no longer working functions (mainly IMDb stuff). Moving and deleting on SMB and NFS shares is now working if alternative file management method is set in the add-on configuration (disabled by default). If you have local disks / mounts, it's recommended to keep the alternative method disabled, since this allows much faster local I/O operations (moving with alternative method will first copy and than delete, since no other method is possible on SMB/NFS).

If you've installed the current version of the add-on, please first uninstall before installing this one. These folders eventually needs to be removed manually:
Code:
.kodi/addons/script.hautopc.after-watch
.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.hautopc.after-watch

Keep in mind the code it's still a little bit rough, but at least it's in working state. If you encounter any problems, please post a Kodi debug log (with debugging enabled in the add-on) and I'll see what I can do to fix it.
Download new version here: https://github.com/jvandenbroek/script.afterwatch

The original developer Pynto R gave me permission to continue his great work under the same name.

Great news... One suggestion: The first post makes it look like this is 3 years old and not updated. Maybe you can gain control of the first post - if not then I suggest starting a new thead and having this one locked.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2016-03-01, 21:47)KevinSartori Wrote: Thanks for updating After Watch, jvanderbroek. I just upgraded my Intel NUC from Windows 7 x64 to Windows 10 x64 and from Kodi Isengard to Kodi Jarvis.

Your updated After Watch works fine for Movies, but doesn't delete TV Shows. I found I had to add a 1 second delay for the confirm dialog and enable alternate file management method. For TV Shows, I use Single folder structure. For instance: Anime/Cowboy Bebop/[OZC]Cowboy_Bebop_Blu-ray_Box_S01E11_'Toys_in_the_Attic'_[1080p].mkv

Can you help? I tried switching skins, but that didn't make a difference. I enabled debugging in the addon and Kodi. Here's the debug log:

http://xbmclogs.com/pxerktci5

Thanks!
Hi Kevin,

Just pushed an update which should fix this. Please let me know if it's working now!
Here a direct URL: https://github.com/jvandenbroek/script.a.../0.9.2.zip
(2016-03-03, 07:53)Livin Wrote: Great news... One suggestion: The first post makes it look like this is 3 years old and not updated. Maybe you can gain control of the first post - if not then I suggest starting a new thead and having this one locked.

That's a good idea, will contact the author if this is possible. Otherwise starting a new thread and closing this one might be an alternative.
(2016-03-03, 18:44)jvandenbroek Wrote: Just pushed an update which should fix this. Please let me know if it's working now!
Here a direct URL: https://github.com/jvandenbroek/script.a.../0.9.2.zip

It works! Thanks for the fix!
Hello jvandenbroek,

I just discovered a small omission in After Watch. With the help of Ember Media Manager, I just revised the file naming conventions I use to match the latest Jarvis recommendations.

I noticed that after deleting a TV episode, After Watch leaves behind one of these newer file formats, the "-thumb.jpg" file. For example, if an episode is named TV.Show.S01E01.HDTV.mkv, the thumbnail for that episode should be named TV.Show.S01E01.HDTV-thumb.jpg (.png files can be used too). This replaces the old naming convention of using .tbn files for thumbnails (in this example, TV.Show.S01E01.HDTV.tbn). According the the Kodi Wiki page for Artwork, Jarvis also supports -poster, -fanart and -banner, but I haven't tested those.

Thanks again for picking up this great add-on and sorry to create extra work for you! Wink
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After Watch4