Frustration : SMB files not scanning - UPDATE - Sort of getting there but need help
UPDATE: I was able to add a tv show folder by changing the source from "smb://DAVID-PC/VIDEO/" to instead "smb://192.168.0.104/video/" which is awesome BUT it's not scanning if I select the root, I have to go straight down to the specific tv show folder and choose "selected folder contains a single TV show". If I don't do those things, it isn't scanning anything at all. It's better than nothing, but is there anything I can do here besides adding hundreds of sources (1 for each show and movie)?

I've been using xbmc on a new computer for the past 8 months or so with no major problems. On that pc, all files were accessed locally and I've used eden and frodo. Now I'm trying to convert an old desktop to htpc for my wife and having big problems getting this build to scan and scrape Windows 7 smb shared directories. These smb's are not password protected and are used everyday over the network to connect to other devices no problem.

So first of all I tried xbmc 12 and added my video sources via smb shares and was able to access every video directory and play videos if I chose "file" but nothing was scanning. When the library would try to update, it would quickly flash this : "downloading tv show information", "compressing database" and then disappear. Frustrated, I uninstalled and now I'm using xbmc 11 but no luck....exact same problem.

And yes, the directory is set to tv shows and I've tried two scrapers but I know that's not the problem because these exact same files scanned and scraped without issue when accessed locally on the other computer.

Please, if you have any idea what's going on here, I would greatly appreciate some help.

Here is the looooong logfile with much irrelevant info I'm sure:

(MOD EDIT: Removed log pasted directly in post. Instead, please upload log to www.xbmclogs.com and post assigned URL here. Thanks.)
bump - anyone?
Did you put recursive in the Set Content area? did you try with TVDB scraper. From what i see in your log, you using Epguide.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Don't post your log inline, use pastebin or xbmclogs or similar.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-04-20, 10:22)defdave Wrote: UPDATE: I was able to add a tv show folder by changing the source from "smb://DAVID-PC/VIDEO/" to instead "smb://192.168.0.104/video/" which is awesome BUT it's not scanning if I select the root, I have to go straight down to the specific tv show folder and choose "selected folder contains a single TV show". If I don't do those things, it isn't scanning anything at all. It's better than nothing, but is there anything I can do here besides adding hundreds of sources (1 for each show and movie)?

I've been using xbmc on a new computer for the past 8 months or so with no major problems. On that pc, all files were accessed locally and I've used eden and frodo. Now I'm trying to convert an old desktop to htpc for my wife and having big problems getting this build to scan and scrape Windows 7 smb shared directories. These smb's are not password protected and are used everyday over the network to connect to other devices no problem.

So first of all I tried xbmc 12 and added my video sources via smb shares and was able to access every video directory and play videos if I chose "file" but nothing was scanning. When the library would try to update, it would quickly flash this : "downloading tv show information", "compressing database" and then disappear. Frustrated, I uninstalled and now I'm using xbmc 11 but no luck....exact same problem.

And yes, the directory is set to tv shows and I've tried two scrapers but I know that's not the problem because these exact same files scanned and scraped without issue when accessed locally on the other computer.

Please, if you have any idea what's going on here, I would greatly appreciate some help.

Here is the looooong logfile with much irrelevant info I'm sure:

(MOD EDIT: Removed log pasted directly in post. Instead, please upload log to www.xbmclogs.com and post assigned URL here. Thanks.)

Hi!

Wile not being able to read the logfile, it sounds like XBMC think there's nothing in the directory. But you say that you have indeed accessed contents from within XBMC? where is XBMC installed? is UAC enabled on the OS? does it have any firewall/antivirus installed, if so witch?
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frustration : SMB files not scanning - UPDATE - Sort of getting there but need help0