XBMC gui not appearing
When I try starting xbmc, the gui does not appear, however, I see the xbmc process in task manager. After a few restarts the gui starts appearing again and things work properly. This has happened to me on win7 and after I upgraded to win8, on the new OS as well.
I have the same issue and have had it since I upgraded to Frodo. I posted about it awhile back but nobody was able to provide any insights. Whenever I resume my Windows 7 PC from sleep, and hit XBMC, it will hang for about 7-10 seconds before launching, until then you are looking at the Windows desktop with a normal mouse cursor. If you reboot the Windows 7 PC, it launches XBMC fine. So this issue, for me, started with Frodo + Sleep Resume.
HTPC: Intel NUC BOXD34010WYKH1 | Panasonic TC-P50S30 | Denon AVR-1712, Jamo S606 HC3 5.0 | Logitech Harmony One
Server: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O | Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 | 16GB DDR1600 ECC | Fractal Design Node 804 | 3 WD Red 3TB, 3 WD Red 4TB, 1 WD Red 6TB
So, does rolling back to an earlier version help?
Hi!

Try reinstalling XBMC if you have not.
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
I have reinstalled not only XBMC but also Windows 7 before without it helping. However, I just tried something else that may have helped -- I replaced my mounted network drives with straight SMB pathing in XBMC. I'll report back if I notice this fixes it (I'm at work). I have problems on my other computers that are all equipped with SSD whereby they have trouble waiting for Windows 7 to initialize the network device before trying to re-activate the mounted drive, and then it fails. Microsoft won't fix it because they are poo poo.
HTPC: Intel NUC BOXD34010WYKH1 | Panasonic TC-P50S30 | Denon AVR-1712, Jamo S606 HC3 5.0 | Logitech Harmony One
Server: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O | Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 | 16GB DDR1600 ECC | Fractal Design Node 804 | 3 WD Red 3TB, 3 WD Red 4TB, 1 WD Red 6TB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC gui not appearing0