OS X Excluding custom nodes from movie library
I've successfully created a custom node for kids movies. I cannot, however, exclude those movies from my main movies library. I am following the wiki but the movie still shows up on update.
You create a new node for "Main movies", as the normal movies node will always be "all movies" in the library. The new node can then exclude content using smart playlist (wiki) rules. Unless I've misunderstood what you're doing.
Thanks Ned. From the wiki I have successfully done:

"For now, we're going to place our node under
/userdata/library/video/
Let's call it Custom_Motor_dvds.xml
<node order="10" type="filter">
<label>(Custom) Motor DVDs</label>
<path>videodb://1/3</path>
<content>movies</content>
<match>all</match>
<icon>DefaultCars.png</icon>
<limit>20</limit>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">//nas1/Videos/ExtremeSports/Cars</rule>
</node>"

And I have linked that node as a favorite to my home menu. From the wiki I have tried the following, placing the text in the same .xml (as well as tried putting it in titles.xml), but when I update the library those movies still show up:

"So there you have it, a simple path filter for our Motor DVDs. One thing that you may want to do now is edit your "Title" xml file to remove the motor dvds from the main movie library. You can do this by using the DoesNotContain operator:
<node order="2" type="filter">
<label>Movies</label>
<path>videodb://1/3</path>
<content>movies</content>
<icon>DefaultMovieTitle.png</icon>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="doesnotcontain">//NAS1/Videos/ExtremeSports/Cars/</rule>
</node>"

I expect that I am misunderstanding something, or misplacing the above text.
I have everything working well but new movies added to my custom node folder are not sorting alphabetically. Any ideas?
(2013-04-26, 02:16)Jmhthefirst Wrote: I have everything working well but new movies added to my custom node folder are not sorting alphabetically. Any ideas?

Put
<order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
After the path rule...
Thanks, I used tags and playlists for the desired effect.
(2013-04-26, 02:16)Jmhthefirst Wrote: I have everything working well but new movies added to my custom node folder are not sorting alphabetically. Any ideas?

Hi Jmhthefirst,

I am running into the same issue you mentioned:
1. I have adjusted the titles.xml to exclude a path
2. Tested the adjusted titles librarynode manually, and it works
3. But still the general 'movies' menu item does not use it (and I would like to use the movies menu item as it shows recently added items and submenu options)

Can you please let me know how you fixed this? Thanks
I gave up on nodes and went with the easier more efficient (IMO) tags. I tagged my kids movies then made a Kids playlist of those tags (sort title). Then I made another playlist called Movies that uses the "does not contain" rule to exclude the kids tagged items and put both playlists on the home screen. Perfect fix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Excluding custom nodes from movie library0