9.2.1 Random Freeze/crashes "Invalid Argument"
Dear All,

Before I try to describe the problem I'm facing, I prefer to let you know that I'll need some advices along with your potential help because I'm not yet familiar with stuff like extracting Bug reports etc... Even if I'm an IT guy, this is something I've never had the time to learn deeper. (lots of work in life, not enough time)
I would be really glad if I could solve this issue.

Here is my problem : ( and it is, seen the current sanitary situation we are facing, bigger than usual, since we are stuck at home for the next 2 month my wife and I... And she watches the TV quite often) (For people reading this later in life : Actual planet situation is the Coronavirus)

- Source : NAS
- Reader : Raspberry Pi 3
- Path : 1 Ethernet Cable from NAS to Switch -> 1 Ethernet Cable (50 meters) from Switch to Raspberry Pi 3 (directly plugged in)

Whenever we play a movie or a episode of a series on my Raspberry Pi 3, it will do the following totally randomly -> stutter for 1 to 3 second -> Freeze for 1 minute to more time -> Come back to screen before entering the NAS with the following "Error" Message : "Invalid Argument". At that point, I have no other choice than to reboot to be able to go back on the NAS, otherwise, he'll keep saying "Invalid Argument" each time I try to get on the NAS.

- I've recently changed the network. I've replaced my Ethernet cable RJ45 of 30 meters cat6 with a 50 meters cat8 (brand new)
- I've changed the switch of the Network. Was a Linksys SE2800 with a Netgear GS108. (Reason, Internet connection kept randomly disconnecting and then not working for 10 to 30 minutes. That is now solved, it seems I was right about the old switch being defect)
- I've updated my Libreelec from 9.2 to 9.2.1 (I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3)

Other infos that might be important :

- For the last month, my wife told me that the little lightning icon (top right on TV screen) was showing time to time... Once she told me I directly checked the Power Supply, and discovered that it was simply.. Broken in half (not kidding), eventhough it was new. I've replaced it with a new one of course.
- On the previous install, the Network was the other way around. It used to be : NAS - Cable of 30m - Switch - Little Ethernet Cable
- Before Update 9.2.1, I never had the problem. (But all the changes, previously stated, sadly happened at the same time)
- This new Network is now a closed home network (No access to internet) It has no other purpose than to serve NAS Content to the Raspberry Pi

I can't help but wonder :

- Can the fact that I now use a 50 meters cat8 be too long for playing ? (from my knowledge, not at all. There is no loss under 50 meters)
- Did the Power Supply problem caused the Raspberry Pi to suffer an irreversible damage ? (Apparently, that power problem is 5 month old... But this never occured until now)
- Could it simply be the last update ? (Never happened before)
- Could it be that the switch was closer to the Raspberry Pi in the previous Network setup ? The Switch relaunching the info closer to the Pi ? Data signal could be too poor with the new setup ?

Tests done so far :

- Tried the old 30 meter cable. It took 8 hours, but it did crash too. So the cable ain't the cause.

I strongly hope that the community will be able to help me to find a solution to this very frustrating issue.

Thanks in advance to all that would read or even try to help.

Ysh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
9.2.1 Random Freeze/crashes "Invalid Argument"0