Micro stutter on HD MKV files, no dropped frames
I am using XBMC 12.0 on a pc running AMD A8-3850 APU with integrated Radeon HD 6550D. This is running to my receiver ( Yamaha RX-V867 ) which then goes to my TV - Panasonic TCP58V10. I have all video processing options turned off on receiver, all video options turned off on the ati control panel (pull down detection, video smoothing etc...) The TV supports 24fps via 96hz on the tv. I have DXVA settings on in XBMC and most other settings are default.

I have tried many settings in XBMC and notice that I get a micro stutter. I'm not sure how frequent it is but it's happens so quick it's almost unnoticeable. If I hit "o" key and look at stats their are no frames being dropped. The resources of the pc aren't highly utilized. I get the micro stutter whether or not I use 60hz on the TV or set display to match content playback (24 which plays back at 96hz). Almost everything I playback is ripped bluray in mkv format @ 1080. I've also tried downloaded 1080 samples and the same issue occurs. I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or if there is any way to troubleshoot what is causing the problem.

Also, I have read about the Sync playback to display but one of the methods says it doesn't work via pass through. Not exactly sure what that means?
Please check your audio settings. Wrong audio settings can cause this.
(2013-04-22, 04:04)ripper2020 Wrote: Also, I have read about the Sync playback to display but one of the methods says it doesn't work via pass through. Not exactly sure what that means?

Do you have the "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" option enabled?

You could also try the "Sync playback to display" with it set to either "Audio Clock" or " Video Clock(Drop/Dupe Audio)" it only the "Video Clock(resample audio)" option that's not compatible with audio passthrough.
My audio is doing "pass through" to my receiver. I believe that's what's happening as it will say dts on my receiver once the movie starts. When I turn on "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" is changes the gpu output to 24hz. However it seems to stutter at 60hz or 24hz. I will try with video clock (drop / dupe audio) and see if that makes a difference.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Micro stutter on HD MKV files, no dropped frames0