Library suggestions
I have some suggestions to make the library view more user friendly:

1. The library view is almost never complete, because the scraper don't have a hit rate of 100%. A media manager is not user friendly for non-tech user and it's time-consuming. That group of user can use the file view which is always complete, but than you must browse through your folders. It would be great to have an option that movies, which can't be scraped, would show with their file names only or with the name of the root directory if your movies are in separated folders. So the library view would be always complete.

2. XBMC record what video files didn't get matched in the xbmc.log file. It would be better to record this information in a separate log file, because the xbmc.log file would be delete after some restarts. This new log file could be used by addons.

3. There must be an option to add movie sets manually in the xbmc gui like how you add tags. So you can add your home videos or movies that have different parts to a movie set. This would be a great option for the movies that aren't scraped correctly. Maybe I have a better option for those who have their movies in separated folders. XBMC should make a movie set if there are more video files in a directory. The name of the movie set can be the name of the root directory if it can't be scraped.

So with these options you have a more user friendly library that is always complete and organized in movie sets. Even your non-tech mother can get a complete library viewTongue
so you probably didn't read other threads that already discussed all of this time and time again
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
3 is coming. Ideas for 1 and 2 are floating around.
(2013-04-22, 19:36)Ned Scott Wrote: 3 is coming. Ideas for 1 and 2 are floating around.

Ok.
An idea for the file view is to play a movie automatically when there is only 1 video file or dvd in a folder. So you don't need to press 2 times enter, but only ones .
It's a file browser and that is how it behaves.
You can always start using library mode.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Since the topic title covers my feature request, didn't want to start a new topic. So here goes:

Is it possible to add/include the actual file size of a movie/tv episode/etc in the fields included/exported in the library?
Since it already reads the path and file name, I believe it would be easy to include this as well. Unfortunately I know
nothing about coding/programming to take a crack at it myself........ I searched the forum but didn't find anythig relevant.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library suggestions0