Req Showing just Moviesets who contains 2 or more Movies
Hello

I would like to have a Way, how i can show just Moviesets who contain two or more Movies.

the behavior:
if i scrape my Movies the Scraper set automatically the "set"-Tag. Thats cool, but if i didn't got other Movies from that Set in my Libary it shows a Singel Movie in the "Set"-Category.
I would like to have a Category who shows just my Moviesets (sets who are realy sets in my Libary, (means contain at least two Movies))

(I knew i could delete the scraped "set"-tag manualy, but i think thats not the best Idea, because if i've got a new Movie that would build a Set or Collection with an existend Movie in my libary, i wouldn't perhaps notice this, if i would have erase the set tag of a before single Movie in "Sets".
So i think there must be an other Solution.)

A way i would see how this could be realized is perhaps with a new oparator for Smartplaylists. (a "operator" who could count videofiles in Sets/Moviesets (someting like: "greaterthanNFiles" or something simular.)) Or what also would be gr8 is, if XBMC could show just Moviesets who contain at least two Movies in the "Set" Category.

Hope i could express my Suggestion well enough.
This "problem" exists because online databases which scrapers in xbmc use define these sets, so wether you have 1 or more movies as long as its defined as a set (on these online databases) it will group as such in XBMC.

Gotham builds include a movieset manager built in which you can use to "fix" this. Im using it myself and is a fantastic addition and imo only thing that needed adding to address this, It works a treat..

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160517

As I said its laready part of Gotham, builds exist in ppas and maybe nightlies/monthlies for various platforms..

See Development_builds (wiki)

Only thing missing set wise is scraping and changing thumbs and fanart for sets from online sources (like as for movies), this is already possible using local art, via recently added choose art menu since sites like tmdb already have this info.

Note the use of "problem" and "fix" in quotes, which means there is actually no "problem" to "fix" as I understand it with the inclusion of the movieset manager.

If Voyager is reading this, great work btw. Fantastic work.

uNi
The problem exists since the SQL query is not made for this, it just shows all sets that exists. (Well actually I'm guessing this, but it seems like I'm right)

Here's a SQL query that would solve this problem if someone got in the code....

Code:
SELECT idSet, strset
FROM sets
WHERE idSet in (SELECT idSet FROM movie GROUP BY idSet HAVING count(idSet) > 1)
ORDER BY strSet
"Solving" it is not a problem but the problem is that if you want to manage your sets within XBMC (which is now much easier) you'll have a hard time if you don't see them all. Let's say you have added "Iron Man" to your library a long time ago (before TMDB supported sets) so it's not in any set but you also have "The Avengers" which is in the "The Avengers Collection" set from TMDB. But because you only list sets that have more than one movie in it you don't see "The Avengers Collection" in the list of your sets. Now you think "Hm these could both go into the same set, let's create a new one for it and you go and create a new set called "The Avengers" (or whatever). You might even try to create a "The Avengers Collection" set but it will fail because it already exists but you still don't see it. IMO that's just very counter-intuitive.

If you use the search function you should be able to find a rather long thread about this whole discussion already. There are also some ideas in there on how to improve this problem.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2013-04-23, 17:12)uNiversal Wrote: Gotham builds include a movieset manager built in which you can use to "fix" this. Im using it myself and is a fantastic addition and imo only thing that needed adding to address this, It works a treat..

Nice to hear that.

beside, i wouldn't see a big Problem in "Hardcoding" just showing Sets (under "SetCategory") that contain more than one Movie. think it doesn't matter if you "tag" the Sets by yourself (by Hand, Ember, or others) or if the Sets gets there "tag" from the XBMC Scraper (MovieDB or whatever). (beside the issue if you would like to check if there are movies in your libary with a "Set"-Tag.)
Didn't try a Nightly thil now, so i didn't knew this, but as you mention before, there will be a Movieset Manager integrate in Gothem, so wouldnt it be possible to show just in the "Setmanager" all Movies with a "Set-Tag" and under "Sets" in XBMC just "Sets" that contain 2 or more Movies? (just a suggestion.)

beside that i.m.h.o the Goal for the Future should (or could) be, to keep it as Simpe as possible for the Enduser (K.I.S.S.), what means for me using XBMC without additional Programms outside of XBMC to collect the Data. So all should be scrapet in XBMC, and XBMC does the rest for you.
The movieset manager manages all sets no matter how many movies are part of it, 1,2 or whatever. See the link http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160517 for more information.

It is K.I.S.S as is though Im sure there always users who have opinions on how things should be done. The only thing missing so far is scraping set art and meta from online databases . All else is preety right and feels easy to use and understand.

uNi
@uNiversal: Thank you for guiding me to this Tread.

think i see now your point for the need of a Place where all Movies with "set"-Tag are shown. (honestly i have to finde some spare time, if i would dive in a bit deeper.)

So it seems, realize this Feature with a new Smartplaylist "operator" could be the way to go.

(So why a new Smartplaylistoperator if you got a whole new Moviesetmanager you may ask. So the reason for me is that i don't like to remove the "set"-tag from orphan (Singlemovie) Sets, because if i add later a Movie who belongs perhaps to a other Movie, which exists in my libary (in the manner of a Set) / (with a "set"-tag), these two Movies should build then automaticly the "right" Set. (with a bit of Hope the "set"-tag was set the right way in tmdb!) So with the option of a new Smartplaylist operator i could show just Sets with 2 or more Movies, and! could leave Movies (orphan sets) with there existing "set"-tags as they are, till there "set"-tag is perhaps needed one day to build with a new importet Movie a real Set.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Showing just Moviesets who contains 2 or more Movies0