Album dates showing up wrong in library view
Hey, Ive just updated to frodo 12.1 and since then alot of my albums are showing up the wrong date. For example "airbourne - no guts no glory" is 2010 in the id3 tags, worked fine in eden is now showing as "3" as the year. alot of my other albums are showing "95" as the year all of which are wrong and are right in the tags. Is this a known problem with frodo? ive no idea why the years are showing like this and it confusing me no end. This is a clean install of xbmc, on a clean install of windows 7.
does xbmc just get the date from the id3 tag? Or does it get it from somewhere else?
If they are .wma format it is a known issue. If not let us know.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=161026&page=7
Yes. If I remember right, they are. do you know any software I can use to batch convert my albums as I ha e a lot in wma format.
Cheers for the reply
The one I use is Daniusoft Digital Music Converter, which I'm sure used to be free but they seem to have started charging for it. You could use winamp, select all files, right click and send to format converter and make sure you check the "original folder" box. If you're picky about the sound quality you'll need to think about the conversion settings and perhaps backing up the originals before converting. I imagine all the main players like wmp, mediamonkey, iTunes, etc, have built in converters.
I don't mind paying and the one you mentioned that you use looks pretty good. I try it when I get home, thanks
Daniusoft Digital Music Converter worked pretty well and solved my issues

thanks for your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Album dates showing up wrong in library view0