Adding more custom menu items
I see the main menu only allows for 6 custom menu's to begin with. Is there a way for me to add a 7th and 8th without replacing any existing menu items? I know there is sub custom ones but I want to add these to the bigger main menu items.
no. there are 22 home menu items i think, that´s enough.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Have you considered changing what the built-in menu's do or doing some consolidation?

For instance, you could combine System and Shutdown. Combine Search and Featured with Video. This would free up Shutdown, Search and Featured main menu items to customize to your liking.

Should we assume that you've played around with submenu's? The same Types and Background control as what the main menu items support are also supported by submenus.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
My main menu has: movies, tv, music and the tv guide(not really necessary). I have hotkeys for search and quit. It would annoy the hell out of me having to scroll through a few dozen entries.
You could also setup one of your home menu items to be a quicklist. There are 9 configurable items in the quicklist that you can point to playlists, addons, video nodes, favourites, folders.

I use it for my movie menu eg.

All Movies
Bluray Releases
Movies Just Added
IMDB Top 250
Oscar Best Picture
Classic Films
Movie Sets
Movie Genres
Unwatched Movies

You can still have submenu items setup if you like, but I'm like Vaikin and prefer to have less home menu items not more so I only have Movies, TV Shows, Youtube, Videos, Settings, Shutdown to scroll through, don't play music or look at photos.

You can also configure a menu item to use icon panels instead of widgets to enable more items for selection, you can have two icon panels displayed giving you a total of 12 items to select. So if you configure a quicklist (9 items), submenus (minimum 5) and icon panels (12 items) that gives you a total of 26 items minimum for one menu selection. As Phil mentioned 22 home menu items is more than enough.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding more custom menu items0