Win Why not list the movie or tv show even when its not found by scraper??
Question 
I can for the life of me not understand why XBMC does not just show the folder/file name when it cant find something.
like MediaPortal does, and mark it RED, then one can still see it, it also tells you when adding/scanning what cant be added and gives you abelety to rename and try search again or ad and ignorre... XBMC needs this so badly..

Why would you not show it??
Wiki ask users to enable debug, look in logs and all of that, it makes no sense at all to me.. seems to be the biggest flaw in XBMC, im coming from MePo and really like XBMC. But in this one area XBMC falls so so short its a shame Sad

Is there a addon or something im missing... ??

Thanks please teach a pure newbi XBMC'er some new tricks Smile

I have spend 2 days pretty much 12 hours, setting up Xbmc and getting everything to work, getting to know xbmc.. except a few things, this is one of them..
Thanks And Best Regards.

BrownGhost
Because no one has done the work (coding) to make it do that. Features don't just magically appear.
There are two views in XBMC: library and file view.

Library view, by definition, only shows what has been scraped into the library.

In file view you will see all your files, whether scraped or not. Showing the filenames in a different colour if they haven't been scraped is a great idea actually. But they can be picked up because in file view, metadata will be shown for stuff that is successfully scraped, and just the file or directory name if it hasn't been. I regularly go through file view and manually scrape what has not been successfully scraped.

Oh and for movies, there is the Missing Movie Scanner addon which will show you what has not been scraped.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
See here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=118263

Also, if you use Files view, you can see all your movies, whether they are in the library or not.
(2013-04-24, 10:05)Ned Scott Wrote: Because no one has done the work (coding) to make it do that. Features don't just magically appear.
Okay i did not know it was not done.. understand it takes work to make it.. sure..
I just was thinking this hole thing is about watching ones movies and tv series, that's the hole reason, so when the are not shown how can we watch them...

YES YES i do understand one can go to file view, but now things start to go where it makes no point to have a media center, why not just browse my network folders and watch everything in windows media player.. right?? LOL...
the hole reason for a media center is to manage ones media, i cant manage what i cant see, i cant use what i cant see, its no longer smart..

DONT GET ME WRONG! im thankful for all the hard work and time gone in to making this cool free media center :o)

(2013-04-24, 10:09)nickr Wrote: There are two views in XBMC: library and file view.

Library view, by definition, only shows what has been scraped into the library.

In file view you will see all your files, whether scraped or not. Showing the filenames in a different colour if they haven't been scraped is a great idea actually. But they can be picked up because in file view, metadata will be shown for stuff that is successfully scraped, and just the file or directory name if it hasn't been. I regularly go through file view and manually scrape what has not been successfully scraped.

Oh and for movies, there is the Missing Movie Scanner addon which will show you what has not been scraped.

YES IT IS Smile "filenames in a different colour if they haven't been scraped is a great idea actually"
Thanks ill install that tool now... Smile

"I regularly go through file view and manually scrape what has not been successfully scraped."
I have to many movies and series to do that, it would take me years to look at every single thing to see if its been scraped or not Sad LOL haha

Another thing, we have scrapers, we can install them, Xbmc should use the first one, then the next one if nothing was found using first scraper.. MePo does that :o)
Huh
Thank you for the help.. :o)

(2013-04-24, 10:12)artrafael Wrote: See here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=118263

Also, if you use Files view, you can see all your movies, whether they are in the library or not.

Thanks i will install now and see how it works Smile
Thanks And Best Regards.

BrownGhost

Update: installed and run the missing movie scanner: scanned tv eps folder
result: found: 880
missing: 879

That plaugin is completely broken...
i have 99% of all my tv eps are there and working fine, they all list up fine in tv folder

Does this here tool only do moviesHuh
Not tv eps Huh
Thanks And Best Regards.

BrownGhost
Yes, I believe it's only for movies, but that's what you had asked about in your first post.
Subject line refers to movies AND tv.

Surely (he says as a non programmer) it can't be difficult to show the difference between a list of files on disk, and a list of files in the database?

Could be a useful python learning experience. Tomorrow = public haliday, see what happens!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why not list the movie or tv show even when its not found by scraper??0