Request: Mac Mini Ultimo 2012 setup guide.
(2013-04-30, 14:58)Memphiz Wrote: 5.1 AC3/DTS is an encoded format which gets "compressed" to 2.0 channels when transfered. Thats why it is working when the receiver is able to decode it.
Wow - really accurate answer. Thanks to both of you. Can not wait to get my mac mini. Would you go for the i5 (MD387D/A) or i7 (MD388D/A) model? I intend to buy it in Germany. 4GB RAM is enough?
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
(2013-04-30, 19:21)Ipaddle Wrote: Wow - really accurate answer. Thanks to both of you. Can not wait to get my mac mini. Would you go for the i5 (MD387D/A) or i7 (MD388D/A) model? I intend to buy it in Germany. 4GB RAM is enough?

Keep in mind that OSX cannot do HD Audio formats (Dolby TrueHD or DTS-MA) if you plan on using them...

I have the i5 mini with 4GB of RAM running MythBackend/Couch Potato/Sickbeard and SAB with no performance issues.
Yes, the i7 is overkill and I really don't think you would notice the extra RAM at all. Save your money for hard drive storage! Good point on the HD audio xtropy.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
Ok, thanks to both of you. Got the point with HD audio. HD video is fine. I Guess I am buying the i5 then.
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Got it. Installed xbmc and configured settings in XBMC and OSX. Now I am ón my way back home. Can't wait to try this out. But I allready can say, that the menu runs faster than on my Xtreamer.
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

What is wrong with my video settings. They switch between "normal" and this:

KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Please be more clear and complete. Are your settings actually switching spontaneously, or do you mean what you see on the screen switches in some way? What are you seeing (hard to tell from the photo)? What are your video settings? Have you played around with changing them?

If you have an intermittent problem, my first suspicion would be a bad connection. Unplug and replug your video cable (HDMI?) and try a different cable if it persists. You could also try using a different computer or TV in case the connectors on them are bad.
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
(2013-05-05, 01:10)Glorious1 Wrote: Please be more clear and complete. Are your settings actually switching spontaneously, or do you mean what you see on the screen switches in some way? What are you seeing (hard to tell from the photo)? What are your video settings? Have you played around with changing them?

If you have an intermittent problem, my first suspicion would be a bad connection. Unplug and replug your video cable (HDMI?) and try a different cable if it persists. You could also try using a different computer or TV in case the connectors on them are bad.

The colors are switching. If I change between to HDMI inputs on my TV set everything is fine again. I think it is something with the cable and the angle it is plugged in. Thanks for your reply.
In the forum I asked about the possiblity of shutting down and turning on the mac mini with the Harmony remote (using plex player device). I can shut Down, but not turn on the thing.
I have another issue with the remote. When turning on the mac (manually) XBMC launches itself as intended, but the remote does not respond. I have to end XBMC and go back again from OSX for the remote to respond.
Then I found out that I have to use mythTV as backend and frontend instead of TVheadend to get PVR functions to Work, right? That gives me some headaches. Rolleyes
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

As I said in the other thread, I just leave my mini asleep and mostly never shut it down. taivo said you could turn it on with the remote but provided no information as to how to do it.

Not sure how XBMC would launch itself when you turn the mini on, unless you put it in the startup folder. You say the remote does not respond - how should the remote respond? Do you mean XBMC doesn't respond to the remote? Earlier you said it worked.

Sorry I don't use mythTV or PVR so can't help you there. But I would suggest you don't make your setup too complex at the beginning. Start with basic functionality and add one thing at a time and get it working right. And start a new thread with a new problem.
(2013-05-06, 13:56)Glorious1 Wrote: As I said in the other thread, I just leave my mini asleep and mostly never shut it down. taivo said you could turn it on with the remote but provided no information as to how to do it.

Not sure how XBMC would launch itself when you turn the mini on, unless you put it in the startup folder. You say the remote does not respond - how should the remote respond? Do you mean XBMC doesn't respond to the remote? Earlier you said it worked.

Sorry I don't use mythTV or PVR so can't help you there. But I would suggest you don't make your setup too complex at the beginning. Start with basic functionality and add one thing at a time and get it working right. And start a new thread with a new problem.
Yes, I will dig i little bit deeper in to these issues. Thanks for replying.
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

(2013-05-06, 13:56)Glorious1 Wrote: Not sure how XBMC would launch itself when you turn the mini on, unless you put it in the startup folder. You say the remote does not respond - how should the remote respond? Do you mean XBMC doesn't respond to the remote? Earlier you said it worked.

I actually run into a similar issue. When you have a fresh boot of OSX and have XBMC set to launch at startup, when XBMC loads the remote does nothing, xbmc does not respond. However if you close XBMC and then re-open, the remote functions correctly. It may be that the module for remote control doesn't load until later in the boot process, but from a unix-y perspective that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

If you sleep the mac mini, the remote wakes it up just fine, and there aren't any problems with using the remote after it comes out of sleep. It's only on a cold boot.

I am using candlair, I should note.

The way I'd expect it to work would be:
1) Cold boot mac
2) XBMC launches at startup
3) Remote "just works"
I found the perfect solution. Buy a dune hd. And skin it with odis. When you have a verry good system. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request: Mac Mini Ultimo 2012 setup guide.0