Scanning Frodo Video Source
I searched everywhere and cannot find my issue, pardon my google fu...
Anyway, this wiki says that I can scan source to library. I was able to do with unpn from my main machine to a bedroom machine with music source but am unable to do it with videos.
I tried to import the video xml.db and changed the file paths then thought that I didn't want to update both machines everytime I add a movie to my library.
In the contect menu there is no option to set content type or to scan. Am I missing something here or is there a bug fix for the problem? I dont get an error so a log file (I didn't think) would be useful.
WIKI LINK
Frodo 12.1 cloned setup
Win 7 (both machines- Main is Home Premium- Bedroom is Starter)
HELP!
Thanks in advance!
CUT THE CABLE!
Have a look here.

http://lifehacker.com/5634515/how-to-syn...-the-house

Change 'Content' is available from the video/file menu to give you access to scrapers, types, etc.
Thanks for the response...
(2013-04-23, 21:13)PatK Wrote: Have a look here.

Change 'Content' is available from the video/file menu to give you access to scrapers, types, etc.
I actually added a mysql database but and having problems importing\exporting the files.
With video I get a complete file but the other machine doesn't see anyhting in the folder.
With music, the export file contains one fanart image\artist info and none of the other 10K songs.
2 Video and music .nfo Files

Quote:Once you've copied the file to every XBMC installation on your network, start one of them up and import the music and video libraries you exported. This freshly imported—or freshly scanned, if you're starting from scratch—library will populate the database on your primary machine/server.

Main page: NFO files
Nfo files can be used to provide data for a video file in XBMC or influence the search behaviour of scrapers. In particular they are helpful if the information fetched from a web site does not match the video file, or data for that particular file does not exist.
By default at the time of scanning, if the media folder contains a correctly named *.nfo file, then XBMC will load the *.nfo file and attempt to either, in the case of it containing XML data get the meta-data directly from the .nfo file or will parse it for a direct URL to the scraper info page. This allows XBMC to skip its normal lookup and/or search procedures; this is useful if a file's information is not available on any of the scraper sites or if the file-matching criteria fail for the particular file.
(2013-04-24, 01:14)xdamageincx Wrote: Thanks for the response...
(2013-04-23, 21:13)PatK Wrote: Have a look here.

I actually added a mysql database but and having problems importing\exporting the files.
With video I get a complete file but the other machine doesn't see anyhting in the folder.
With music, the export file contains one fanart image\artist info and none of the other 10K songs.
2 Video and music .nfo Files

Quote:Once you've copied the file to every XBMC installation on your network, start one of them up and import the music and video libraries you exported. This freshly imported—or freshly scanned, if you're starting from scratch—library will populate the database on your primary machine/server.

Main page: NFO files
Nfo files can be used to provide data for a video file in XBMC or influence the search behaviour of scrapers. In particular they are helpful if the information fetched from a web site does not match the video file, or data for that particular file does not exist.
By default at the time of scanning, if the media folder contains a correctly named *.nfo file, then XBMC will load the *.nfo file and attempt to either, in the case of it containing XML data get the meta-data directly from the .nfo file or will parse it for a direct URL to the scraper info page. This allows XBMC to skip its normal lookup and/or search procedures; this is useful if a file's information is not available on any of the scraper sites or if the file-matching criteria fail for the particular file.
I found this Most of XBMC's file sharing protocols will work except for UPnP, which does not work with the Library feature.

I have SMB set up but used the unpn because it was a little quicker.
I'll look at this tomorrow (because the wife hates it when I'm playing with this HAHA!
Either way though, I still cannot export\import correctly.
So I switched Source to smb and everything scanned in fine. I guess I dont need the import to update the database, I'll see eventually. Oddly my movie folder contains .jpg's of poster and fanart files for each movie but xbmc won't read them. I wonder if it is because they are named:
argo_2012-fanart.jpg
argo_2012-poster.jpg
I am gonna try to rename them and remove poster\fanart and see what happens.
UPDATE: That doesnt work. xbmc willnot show anything in the folders...uugh.
xbmc_videodb_2013-04-23
Alright, DB is now working!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scanning Frodo Video Source0