Audio Remote for RaspBMC (raspberry pi)
I would like to use an IOS \ Android app that would allow me to see the music available and control play, volume and the like. This is because I do not want to turn on the projector when playing music.

I am not interested in having it control Video, because I have a remote keyboard when using the projector.

If you have solved this problem by reviewing and choosing an app, please list the apps that you tried, the one you chose and how you arrived at 'the one'. Thank you.
========================================================================
RaspBMC 12.1, AppleTV 160GB, MythTV,Sharp NV6XU, WD Live TV Hub, RT-N16 OTRW, Asterisk+GTalk, TMO+UMA,
I am using Music Pump XBMC Remote (Android) which I started to develop especially for music playback without screen but later on I made a full remote out of it. It is very advanced and you can control music playback on xbmc, stream music from xbmc to your device and also stream music from your android device to xbmc. Downloading songs directly to your device is also possible.
Otherwise Yatse is also very good. Which one you prefer is going to be your personal choice.

Since I don't have any IOS devices I can't help you there
Since this is my good day I'd say for pure music usage Music Pump have a little more than Yatse (Even if I don't like the navigation patterns :p)
@Millencolin007: I just read the description and the reviews. Thank you for the suggestion!
(2013-04-24, 08:39)Millencolin007 Wrote: I am using Music Pump XBMC Remote (Android) which I started to develop especially for music playback without screen but later on I made a full remote out of it. It is very advanced and you can control music playback on xbmc, stream music from xbmc to your device and also stream music from your android device to xbmc. Downloading songs directly to your device is also possible.
Otherwise Yatse is also very good. Which one you prefer is going to be your personal choice.

Since I don't have any IOS devices I can't help you there

Music Pump Observations:
1) Remote arrows enable navigation, A=Select, B=Escape (XBMC version 12.1 on Raspberry Pi)
2) Attempts to access music result in "Error: Failed to connect to XBMC Server: Connection to http://192.168.8.107:8080 refused"
3) Corrected 2) by changing setting to port 80 in the remotee app (maybe the app should match or determine the default port of 80?)
4) If XBMC supported the capability to add songs to the current playlist, that would allow party guests to browse and add songs.

Thank you for publishing this well done remote app!
1) The help section for the remote buttons is somehow missing in the latest version, it would explain exactly what the buttons do since it can change from one screen to another. In fact it uses the keymap file from the wii remote.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...Remote.xml
You can modify the mappings in your xbmc installation and the app will pick up the new mappings.

In general:
A = select
B = back
1 = context menu

2) Normally xbmc is announcing itself over zeroconf so no configuration is needed but it is not working properly on all phones.
3) Default port changes from one xbmc version to another and from one platform to another. It is relatively recent that they changed to port 80.

4) Music Pump is using a local queue for music by default so it is not possible for other remotes to queue files. You are the master and keep control of the music ;-)
If you have the unlocked version you get a new option to use the queue on xbmc => Allows other people to queue songs as well

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Remote for RaspBMC (raspberry pi)0