XBMCbuntu and external players - help!
Wink 
Hi

I have XBMCbuntu (Nvidia) running off a USB key on an Acer Revo 3610 (which has Win7 installed on the main HDD)

I like to run XBMCbuntu live rather than fully installing it and am looking to use an external player for video such as MPC HC

Having read up, I can see you need to find a playercorefactory file and modify it as neccessary - but when I plug the USB into my Win7 laptop, I open explorer and cant find this file? There are just 4 folders: .disk, casper, isolinux and preseed.

Any clues?
Thanks
Russell
You need to install XBMCbuntu on some sort of non-volatile storage, if not your hard drive, then on another USB flash drive. After that, you can create a playercorefactory.xml file on that installation. Is there a reason you want to use an external player instead of the default one for XBMC?
Hi Art

I watch some of my media through an HD Projector.

I used XBMC about 4 years ago - great - but found I could achieve a better picture with Win7 and Potplayer or MPC HC (more tweakability with sharpeners, pixel shaders etc)

So XBMC was tucked away for a few years but last week I downloaded Frodo - PQ looks excellent on my HDTV (not tried it on my Projector yet) so I am wondering has the inbuilt player been improved over the previous builds? If so, I may not need an external player at all but was curious to try it.

Smile
Well, you're not going to be able to use any of those Windows media players on XBMCbuntu, which is Linux-based. Why don't you simply install XBMC as application on your existing Windows 7 installation? You can then create a playercorefactory.xml to use those external players.
OK, I will give it a try, thank you :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu and external players - help!0