Linux MCE Receiver & Universal Remotes with LIRC
Hi,

I think I'm going slightly mad 'cause In don't get it to work...

I read multiple threads about configuring LIRC, MceRemotes etc. but nothing helped me with my problems.
The MCE Receiver is an USB-Device which is recognized as Keyboard & Mouse within Linux.

I try to use this receiver with the Codes of an old DBox2 Remote to control my XBMC...

The problem is that I don't fully understand the way LIRC works with MCEUSB devices.

If I use the MCE Remote instead of the DBox2 Remote everything runs fine except that my RGB-Light has the same IR-Codes and everytime I control XBMC, I also change the colour of the RGB-Light or turn it off or on, which makes me insane a bit... so I thought it's a good opinion to use other IR-Codes with this receiver.

I tried to use this wiki tutorial but noticed that its written for serial IR-Receivers but mine is USB thats where I can't get any further, because I don't even know which driver and device I should use for irrecord to get my lircd.conf for my DBox2 Remote.

Can anyone explain how I get irrecord to read from mceusb devices?? Because I think if I get this to work, everything past this point is easy to configure...

Or is there a major problem using other remotes with an MCE Receiver?? Just a thought, but maybe the MCE Receiver has hardcoded signals to use and is not able to receive any other IR-Code??

...would be the gladdest boy on earth if someone could help me out with this Confused Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Receiver & Universal Remotes with LIRC1