Win Strange XBMC Remote problem affecting all WiFi devices
I've used the official XBMC remote on my android phone for years now to control playback on my media center, but in the last few months it stopped working. The IP is correct, the port number is correct, the username/password is correct... and I can't figure out what's going on.

I've tried connecting to XBMC with three different Android devices (Galaxy S2, S3 and today an S4) and none of them will connect any longer. Here's the strange thing - when I navigate to 192.168.1.5:80 (the media PC) WITH the media PC, then I get the default WebUI as expected. However, if I attempt to go to the same address on any of the phones connected to the same network, it eventually times out and doesn't connect.

Searching for an answer to this problem I've tried different ports, I've installed a completely fresh copy of XBMC and set it up from the start, I've used different XBMC remote apps, and I even installed Apple's Bonjour service so that I could try the Yatse app, but even that failed to connect.

I'm not sure what else I can try at this point. It almost has to be a problem with my network. Any ideas?
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Have you tried connecting to your XBMC system via the web interface from another PC using a web browser?
(2013-04-26, 03:16)artrafael Wrote: Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Have you tried connecting to your XBMC system via the web interface from another PC using a web browser?

Thank you! I've tried connecting via the web interface from multiple mobile devices, but I don't have access to another PC on this network.
Found the cause - looks like something caused my Windows Firewall to block all incoming connection to my PC. Disabling the firewall fixes it, so I just made a rule to allow it. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange XBMC Remote problem affecting all WiFi devices0