Win Resuming "normal" xbmc behavior after AVR off/on
Question 
Hi everybody!

I just got new dedicated htpc and installed latest xbmc 12.1.

My setup is simple:
PC: ZBox-AD04, AMD E-450, AMD Radeon HD 6320, Win 7 Professional x64
AVR: Yamaha RX-V465
TV: Samsung
Units connected with HDMI.

First had problems getting WASAPI - disabled Realtek drivers. Good now. Now my PC sees 8ch device with all supported formats including TrueHD and DTS-HD (bot no YAMAHA name - not big deal?). I played some sample files - AVR shows correct format. All good!

Now bad part. I keep HTPC on all the time, but AVR and TV get turned off using Harmony remote. If my lovely kids watch movie and decide to go outside, they just pause movie, hit OFF button, turning AVR and TV off. When they come back and hit WATCH MOVIE button (tied to AVR and TV), xbmc is kind of frozen and needs to be rebooted.

I read and read and read. I do understand that there is new audio engine and it checks active HDMI connection so if AVR is off then it's screwed. BUT. Is there any way to fix it? I know lots of people have this simple setup. So what is the solution? To tape pin 19? (I didn't try it yet - will try when get home).

In Eden my setup worked perfect.

Again. I know you guys (devs) made this AE from scratch, it's big job. So may be it needs some polishing...

Thanks in advance for ideas!!!
Eventhough it is not a perfect solution, disabling all playback devices except hdmi in sound control panel can sometimes help.
I have the exact same problem. If I turn off the AVR and then turn it right back on it works as intended. But if i leave the XBMC computer (win7 64 bit, ASUS - E45M1-I DELUXE) running for a longer time. E.g. AVR off during the night, XBMC is frozen or has crashed when i turn the AVR on the next morning. All I can do is CTR-ALT-DEL and kill the process and start XBMC again.
I think i solved this issue by the "HDMI pin 19 tape trick": http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/thread...es.109242/

picture: http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attach...pg.106788/

So far so good. It resumes as it should after AVR is powered off and then powered on.
Taping HDMI PIN 19 works for me. The only drawback is if Windows reboots while not connected, it'll take a reboot to correct video/audio the first time you select your HTPC.

I have a Samsung TV and Yamaha RX-A3000. It always detects the Samsung. The only time I got Windows to detect the A/V receiver was by disconnecting the TV (Used VGA port). There was no change in actual sound properties though.

Something went wonky and now Windows is detecting reduced Bit-Depth and Sample rates although these still work in XBMC (i.e. 88.2 kHz still plays)

Originally under sound properties (Samsung) it showed 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz sample rates and 16, 20, 24 bit depths.

Now under sound properties (Samsung-3) it shows 44.1, 48, 96, 192 kHz sample rates and 16, 24 bit depths.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resuming "normal" xbmc behavior after AVR off/on0