Hide device name from Airplay name
Hi guys,

sorry if this has been asked and solved before, but if so, I couldn't find it here.

I have just lately made the switch to XBMC on a Mac Mini, after using a barebone pc with Openelec. Now I'm having a true first world problem with the device name XBMC is broadcasting via Airplay.

I would like it to be just "XBMC", as I've put in under Settings > Network > General > Device Name.

Unfortunately, my Mac Mini always shows up as "XBMC (Larsens mac mini...)". How do I change this to the simple "XBMC" I would like to see?

Thanks in advance!
Me German. Me not speach English very ok. ;)
Hehe thats a hen and egg problem. XBMC is the default value. For beeing able to distinguish between multiple running XBMC instances in a network we add the hostname in brackets. Whenever you change the name to something else it will only show that. Atm it is not possible to have it shown as XBMC without hostname. If you want to get rid of the hostname you need to change to something else even xbmc (lowercase) might do the trick - or somethng like XBMC@Couch or so.
Damn! That was way too easy. Never thought of that. Big Grin
Thanks! This solved my Problem. Changed the device name to "HTPC" and now my Airplay receiver list looks clean again.
Me German. Me not speach English very ok. ;)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide device name from Airplay name0