Shared fanart/thumbnails and database/library
I have previously only ever had one XBMC machine in my living room. I have recently bought a new Raspberry Pi and installed Raspbmc on it. Because of this, i have installed MySQL on my media server (where all of my media - tv, movies, music is stored) and configured that as my central library. I know that is working as any updates to the library cause new entries in the tables etc. I setup my Pi to use basically the same configuration for the MySQL and that also works - on boot up i see the library identical to my main XBMC system. I am now having an issue on my Pi where the fanart is not downloading. I followed the below link to configure it, making a share on my media server, performing a library discovery and the files/jpgs etc were all downloaded to that share.

XBMC - Thumbnail Share Configuration

When i log into my Pi, the fanart isn't there, except for a couple of media items i have manually set it. When i go to the show, press 'c' and go to 'TV Show Information' and click 'Choose Art' i can see a number of options available to me. I noticed i have items in my Thumbnails directory locally, but not many items. I would think with the following advancedsettings.xml configuration, it would look to the remote system for any fan art, download from there and keep a local copy? What am i doing wrong here?

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.1.6</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.1.6</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </musicdatabase>

<videolibrary>
          <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
     </videolibrary>
<pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
        <from>special://master user/Thumbnails/Video</from>
        <to>smb://user:[email protected]/XBMCThumbnails/Video</to>
    </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
  <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>

user/password were substituted for the real information to protect my passwords Wink

Any thoughts on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again ALL!

*EDIT*

When i go to a show and try to select a new poster image, i see an item 'Current Art', then a number of 'Remote Art' items. The path in the top right shows thumb://Remote1 for example. Hope this helps.
You've path substituted just the Thumbnails/Video folder - that's not where your movie/tvshow fanart & posters go, they go into folders called Thumbnails/0, Thumbanils/1, ... Thumbnails/f. I think the Thumbnails/Video folder might be used for music videos, but it's certainly not used by movies and tvshows (or even music for that matter).

So your path substitution needs to be:
Code:
<pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
        <from>special://master user/Thumbnails</from>
        <to>smb://user:[email protected]/XBMCThumbnails</to>
    </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

Although to be honest I wouldn't recommend using path substitution to share the Thumbnails folder between a Pi and HTPC unless you are using identical fanartres/imageres settings.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Actually, he does just need the videos sub-folder (as of Frodo). I think the issue here is that there isn't a final / at the end.
The Videos sub-folder is empty on my Frodo installations (save for a Bookmarks folder). All the movie/tvshow fanart & posters are in the folders as I previously described.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Maybe I have it mixed up, then. Was it just used pre-Frodo? It must be.
I've only ever run Dharma and Frodo installations, and never seen any artwork cached to the Videos folder, so it's possible it is an Eden-only "thing", or is for music videos (which I don't have on my systems). Either way, that path substitution wiki page is now inaccurate with respect to Frodo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shared fanart/thumbnails and database/library0