HTPC/GAMER MACHINE
hey guy i am currently running Windows 8 on my HTPC and it is great don't get me wrong i think overall Windows 7 is Microsoft's Best Ever OS (Followed Closely by Win 8 and Win XP) but windows 8 seems more responsive on my little Gigabyte E-350n Mini-Itx CPU/APU

but i thought about just installing Openelec on this particular machine (i have 3 HTPC's) as i find i have xbmc open on the Win 8 machine and suspend and resume back to xbmc and i barely use the Desktop Features however i also had a thought today whilst playing some steam games on this main desktop OS

i am sitting in this uncomfortable computer chair for hours maybe i should go and sit on my couch and play some games however i don't have my latest games on my xbox 360 or PS3 cause i bought them cheap off steam

so i was thinking how about building the HTPC but this time for use as a gaming console as well i can install steam and play them from the comfort of my couch

can anyone recommend some good parts to use as a HTPC/GAMER Machine

and should i go AMD/Radeon or Intel/Nvidia or some combo of both
Take a look at my builds. See my signature below for links.
The A6 plays games perfectly well,....and as for the A10,..well more than perfectly well.
Pentium G680 + AMD/ATI video card spec'd for the games you want to play or AMD A10. It really depends a lot on the games you play.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC/GAMER MACHINE0