iOS No items found
Then I choose movies with my XBMC Official remote app I got all my movies presented in a list or wall, just excellent, and from there I can easily just pick any movie and it will play.
Se "Movies" in the link.
The problem I got is then I try to play music the same way, it will not find my collection.
The only way for me to start a music file is to first use the remote and navigate to my music collection on my host and from there I can start a music file, after that my remote can recognize my collection and I can choose any music to play in the list. Not as I do with movies though, it still misses the info in the center, I got all my music list in the left corner.
Se "Music before" and "Music after" in the link.

I have no clue what could be wrong here, I hope for some help since I'm stuck.

I wasn't able to insert any image, since I have them on my computer and was asked for a URL wich I don't know how to use, any help would be much appreciated.
Instead I've made a link to my SkyDrive, hope it's ok.

Per
Hi, do you have albums with foreign characters? If yes, sadly could be that bug: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13878

Anyway, have you tried to navigate into others music sections? are all empty list?
I don't think so, all my music collection names are in English, I'm 99.9% sure. So if I got just one incorrect or foreign characters would that compromise the whole archive?
What do you mean by other music sections? Other paths or? For now I got all my music collection in just one place.

In my Movie collection I got foreign characters for some titles and that work without any problem both at my host and remotely.
(2013-04-29, 12:07)HD Life Wrote: So if I got just one incorrect or foreign characters would that compromise the whole archive?
Sadly yes, in a recent past I've done a workaround inside the app for the issue http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1379508 but at this stage I'm just guessing (in the past this was always the reason for the "No items found" issue).

We have to do some tests to confirm my thesis:

- Can you try to see if from the XBMC Web Interface you can get the albums list? From the iDevice browser connect to
http://<username>:<password>@<xbmc ip>:<xbmc port>

- To see what's happening on XBMC side, I need a full XBMC debug log to see what's happening on XBMC during the app requests.

With other music sections I mean the artists, genres, recently added albums, top 100 albums and so on
Music and Movies are two different story.
I will try that, but not until tomorrow, sadly, I got to much to do later today.
Thanks for helping.
Will the bug appear if non Unicode characters are anywhere in the metadata as titles, name, album and artists for example.
If so, do you know of a program for scanning characters, it will take to long to read all by my self.
well, before start the search (mine is a suspicious) we can first try the XBMC web interface and then we can look at the XBMC debug log http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy. For the moment we can have the non Unicode characters research as a last option.
You are right, but I find four album named "Okänd" what I renamed to Unknown instead, but I also find o lot of non Unicode characters in the metadata for composers, will try to see if that fixed my problem.
Can you just tell me how to attach a logfile and to insert pictures. It's asking for a URL and I got all my pictures locally on my computer.
sure, you can use xbmclogs.com to upload your debug file. For the pictures use an online picture service also (I think you need a minimum number of posts before you are able to upload images directly in the forum).

I got an idea to immediately identifies the issue: if you PM you device UDID I can send to you a debug version where the errors are displayed on the screen, so before continuing the non Unicode characters research we can have the confirmation that it's an non Unicode characters issue.
It worked after I renamed those 4 albums, I can now see all my music files through the remote app directly without first going to my host.
The app looks so great with the iPad, very nice GUI, I love it.
If you still want some debugging files I can get it for you, or if you want me to try out the web interface I will do it.

Still, one problem, before then I started a music files from the host I got all the music in the remote app down to the left under the remote control button, and all music in the list played automatically.
Now then I got it to work as I wanted with the album view, it only plays one file at a time. How do I get them to play automatically?

Thanks for the help, now I just need to get the rest of my problems to get fixed.
thank you \m/ so it was an UTF8 issue as I suspected, I don't need anymore debug stuff.

What you see in the remote app down to the left under the remote control button is the XBMC playlist. If you long press an item you will see that you have the capability to fill the queue (add to queue or add to queue after current playback).
For example, if you want to play a whole album, just go inside the app under music->albums-><one album> and play a song, the whole album will be added to the queue and the playback will start from the selected song.
I just find out that I can't do any searches.
If I pick a album, I get some info in the upper right about that album and from there I can perform a search if I scroll down, but it doesn't find anything in my collection.

Also, it would be nice if I change music with the host, the remote app would do the same and update to now playing in the album view.
I also would like a button for now playing, for easily get back there you were before you start scrolling through your archive.

Maybe the app can handle this already, I might just handle the remote app wrong, or.

Thanks.

(2013-04-29, 21:21)joethefox Wrote: thank you \m/ so it was an UTF8 issue as I suspected, I don't need anymore debug stuff.

What you see in the remote app down to the left under the remote control button is the XBMC playlist. If you long press an item you will see that you have the capability to fill the queue (add to queue or add to queue after current playback).
For example, if you want to play a whole album, just go inside the app under music->albums-><one album> and play a song, the whole album will be added to the queue and the playback will start from the selected song.

Thanks, but it would be nice if I don't need to manually add music in the cue all the time and just choose a album in the list and then it would play the next album in order until I say stop.
What about that? I also made some more suggestion/question in my earlier post.
(2013-04-29, 21:32)HD Life Wrote: I just find out that I can't do any searches.
If I pick a album, I get some info in the upper right about that album and from there I can perform a search if I scroll down, but it doesn't find anything in my collection.
Also, it would be nice if I change music with the host, the remote app would do the same and update to now playing in the album view.
Sorry, can you elaborate the question again... I didn't understand. What do you want to search? What are the steps that are you doing?

(2013-04-29, 21:32)HD Life Wrote: I also would like a button for now playing, for easily get back there you were before you start scrolling through your archive.
You can tap again the active section from the menu and the views will go away (or you can drag the view on the right side) to see the background now playing.
To start with, I just want to apologize, I can now search as supposed, It was a bug called stupid, it shows up once in a while, as a bug do.
Second, sorry for the language as English it's not my native language, I will try to explain again.
But first,

"What you see in the remote app down to the left under the remote control button is the XBMC playlist. If you long press an item you will see that you have the capability to fill the queue (add to queue or add to queue after current playback). For example, if you want to play a whole album, just go inside the app under music->albums-><one album> and play a song, the whole album will be added to the queue and the playback will start from the selected song."

How do you load that playlist then, only way I've find is to enter the host and start a music file from there and after that I'm able to select the XBMC in the remote.
This is the only way I've find if I want to play all my songs automatically in the order they are presented in the list.

"I also would like a button for now playing, for easily get back there you were before you start scrolling through your archive."

"You can tap again the active section from the menu and the views will go away (or you can drag the view on the right side) to see the background now playing."

What I mean by this is just that then I've started a song and I'm scrolling around my albums and I want to get back to my album that is playing I have hard time to find it. A button for now playing would get me there quickly and I can read the info about that album or just start the next album in order since it won't do it automatically.
No problem.

Quote:How do you load that playlist then, only way I've find is to enter the host and start a music file from there and after that I'm able to select the XBMC in the remote.
This is the only way I've find if I want to play all my songs automatically in the order they are presented in the list.
Ah ok, there isn't the capability to start items with the "start from here" that you can do with XBMC GUI.

Regarding on how to get back to the current playing album infos, long press a playlist item to access to the item details/info.

EDIT: added user question

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No items found0