Win Watching TV in WMC and XBMC - anyone able to get audio to work (AMD)
So my set up definitely supports HD formats + bitstreaming...

AMD 7850
Yamaha RX-V673

I can get both to work independently but I can not get these two work without impacting the other. The issue lies with the exclusive mode options. WMC seems to be designed to work with these options unchecked. XBMC is designed to work with these options checked

I don't see any way of getting around this issue. I've spent a considerable amount of time already trying to resolve this.

I've tried from the troubleshooting thread...

1) Getting my receiver to be recognized in sound properties. As of now, it still shows up as my TV regardless of options. I don't know what relevance this has since the supported formats tab shows all the formats my receiver supports

2) I've tried the EDID override. Not exactly sure what this is supposed to help with but that doesn't seem to help

3) I've changed the options in XBMC mutliple times and really the only options that work for HD audio are the WASAPI settings

4) I've turned off HDMI control in my receiver and disabled any control from the TV as well

I'm lost.

EDIT - looks like it won't play nice with external players either. If exlusive modes are checked off, TMT will not work properly
I'm not sure if this is the reason but I seem to no longer have issues with WMC being in exclusive mode after I set up my system as 7.1 (even though 5.1) in Sound properties and then removing the side speakers in the next set up page. I was then able to set up the speakers in WMC properly as well
Use version 12.0. Audio has problems with external player in 12.1.
Yeah, looks that way. I'll see about switching back

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watching TV in WMC and XBMC - anyone able to get audio to work (AMD)0