TV library, skip some content when updating
I've a large tv library, some shows have no more episodes coming as the show is finished. Is there a good way to tell XBMC to not bother checking for new content there when updating? My media is stored on a DroboFS which isn't the fastest NAS in the world and updating the whole library takes about 7 minutes.

I figure if it didnt need to check most of the folders for updates then it would be faster.
Is there an 'exclude' list or something like that?

Thanks.
while in files view (Videos -> Files) you can "set content" (or it might say, "change content") from the context menu and tell XBMC to exclude individual folders from scans/updates.
Just out of curiosity, I also own a DroboFS and my scans don't take this long by far.

How many shows / episodes do you have ?
Found the option, thanks for the tip Ned. It does speed it up a bit.

Kibje, 162 shows, not sure how many epidodes but there's over a terrabyte of them in total. The main problem may have been the build of nightly I was using as it runs faster now, even with some shows turned off taken into account. An update (with nothing new to find) now takes 50 seconds at last check.

Perviously I could watch the log file show the normal "no new information was found in..." for each show/season and each line would take about 5 seconds to appear. Perhaps something changed in the code.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV library, skip some content when updating0