What happened to Music Files in the menu?
Used to be the top level menu under music had a choice of "files" and add source. I now can't find that at all. When I select music I just get "top 100 songs" and so on, no choice to browse through files. Was this changed deliberately in the latest build, where should I be looking to access my music files? Thanks.
MUSIC > Files (press down-arrow to access submenu items)
Thanks, but that option wasn't available. Turns out it is a problem that my SDTV skin doesn't support the submenus There is only one skin I have found which I can read on an SDTV and the need for big fonts means you lose some things apparently.
XBMC remembers the last view used. So, if the last time you accessed Music was with the Library view, then the next time you select Music, you would be presented with the same view. Likewise if the last time you accessed Music was with the Files view.

Does that skin have a slide-out menu (perhaps on the left?) to deselect "Library mode"? If so, this will switch you to the Files view.
Yes thanks. I apparently need to switch skins to one with the submenus, select files, and then I can go back to my SDTV skin and it shows the file menu again when I select music.
Seems like a pretty limited skin if it doesn't even let you choose basic XBMC views. Smile
My fave skin is transparency...it allows you to change the default action whenyou click music to go either to files or the library...or you can still put it in a submenu.
Well if you know of any other skin that will work with an old sdtv let me know. I've tried all the standard ones, this mod was the only one I have found which I can legibly read across the room.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What happened to Music Files in the menu?0