Can't figure out which window xml to use for music
I have been trying to make the lyrics plugin display whenever I am in fullscreen mode.

I though MusicOSD would do it using a runscript, but it only shows up when I press a button and bring up the stop/play/ff/rw bar with all the options. As soon as that goes away, so does the lyric screen.

I tried turning on overlay - but that led to the lyric script being run over and over again, I finally had to kill xbmc to get it to stop (I'm running it on an RaspPI, so not very powerful)

Anyway, despite lots of searching and reading on the skinning guide, I can't tell if I'm modifying the right base xml, nor am I entirely sure running the script is the right action (although - adding that action to a mapped remote button, brings up the lyrics anywhere - which I rather quite like)

Now if I could just figure out how to persist it.
Try fooling around with "MusicVisualisation.xml"
Noli illegitimi carborundum

So, here is what I don't get. I can get it to come up automatically the "first time" the visualization starts. By first time, I mean when I first go to music after starting up XBMC - or any time I explicitly start the visualization from the OSD. I've become quite adept at making the lyrics show up in response to a variety of things. The problem is if the track advances of it's own accord, ie I don't skip a track or select a new one, the lyric window disappears. I've tried this with other skins too, and the same behavior happens. When the new song starts, the visualization still runs in the background, but the lyric window is gone and does not respawn.

So as of now, I've tried MusicOSD.xml, MyMusicSongs.xml, MusicVisualization.xml, MusicOverlay.xml (I also turned on allowoverlay when doing this - which resulted in the script being run over and over)
I've looked through the wiki, and can't find another 'event' to subscribe too.

I'm not sure if this is really a skin thing or what. I have no idea what is causing the lyric window to close down, but it seems as though, the onload isn't triggered after the brief songinfo display. I tried setting songinfoduration to 0, wondering if that display was "cleaning" up other things, but even without that being displayed - the lyrics go bye-bye.

I haven't been able to figure out where the songinfo stuff is defined, but I was thinking of trying to run the script on it's unload. Up until now, I've basically tried doing <onload>RunScript(script.cu.lrclyrics)</onload> in all of those places I mentioned. I did try playing with visibility settings, making them true instead of conditional, but that did not produce any good results - especially considering the willy-nilly way I went about it, but that also doesn't feel like the right way to go, since making the control visible probably won't do much if the backing script isn't running. I am making lots of assumptions on this as I'm fairly new to xbmc skinning/customization etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't figure out which window xml to use for music0