No Netflix after upgraded to Frodo
I used XBMC for 2 years on my ATV2, and never had any issue with it... After upgraded to 12.1 couple days ago, I noticed that Netflix in ATV main menu is no longer working - it's there, but all you get is "Netflix is currently not available. Try again later" message. Also, XBMC freezes time to time.

Is there a way to revert back to Eden? It was way more stable, at least for me.

My ATV2 has iOS 4.3(2557)...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Pretty sure the netflix app in IOS 4.3 is to old and has been blacklisted by netflix
(2013-04-30, 03:34)ferenz Wrote: I used XBMC for 2 years on my ATV2, and never had any issue with it... After upgraded to 12.1 couple days ago, I noticed that Netflix in ATV main menu is no longer working - it's there, but all you get is "Netflix is currently not available. Try again later" message. Also, XBMC freezes time to time.

Is there a way to revert back to Eden? It was way more stable, at least for me.

My ATV2 has iOS 4.3(2557)...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I had the exact same issue with iOS 4.2.2 a couple of weeks ago - after a year or two of no issues, Netflix wouldn't even load the main menu, just the "Netflix is currently not available..." message. This happened on two of 4.2.2 ATV2s, one with Frodo and one running Eden. After a few days of researching the issue and chat with Netflix customer service, I couldn't resolve the issue, so I bit the bullet and upgraded to 5.2.1, re-jailbroke and re-loaded XBMC. Now everything works fine - including Netflix. The only downside is that the 5.2.1 jailbreak is a tethered one. I have yet to see another solution, unfortunately.

It's most likely an incompatibility with ATV's iOS version, not Frodo or Eden.
Something for the FAQ. Ned? Not that it's really XBMC related, but I'm guessing we will see some more of these Wink

P.s. Thanks for filling in exit. Remember your post, but could not find it Wink
* Ned Scott shakes fists at Netflix
Ran into the same thing on 4.2.2. The netflix app is simply too old. A look at syslog shows that requests to the netflix API are returning responses that can't be parsed by the app. I upgraded to 5.2.1, verified that netflix works on that release, and then downgraded to the last shsh blobs that I had (4.2.1) to get XBMC back.
Love Kodi - working well!

Unfortunately no netflix for me either now - same message

Can I fix this without upgrading the apple tv 2?
I will buy you a virtual beer if you help me sort out this remote...
(2014-11-12, 18:51)Rob Xbox User Wrote: Love Kodi - working well!

Unfortunately no netflix for me either now - same message

Can I fix this without upgrading the apple tv 2?

No. The URL that Netflix published for that old version of Netflix is out of date and dead. Since Netflix introduced profiles, they have decommissioned the old URL. You have to remember that the Apple TV is just an XML browser and not loaded with Apps. If you want Netflix you need to update to a newer version of ATV firmware. I'm not sure which version added support for Netflix's new profile interface.

I know that the latest untethered JB version of ATV firmware supports it. ATV 5.3, but with that version you might start to have resource issues when running XBMC.

If you want a remote friendly version of Netflix and also have XBMC/SPMC/Kodi you might as well move to the Amazon Fire TV.

If you are all in with the apple eco system and all you use XBMC for is to interface with a LAN server with all your content (no streaming addons), you might want to switch to an ATV3 with PlexConnect and PMS. This is the only other way to get the Apple experience and still stream content from a server to your Apple TV without using that terrible iTunes library interface.

Or wait it out and hope that someone smarter and with more time available then us can hack the AppleTV 3 and get Kodi working on that. But that might be an awful long wait. :-)

Or hope that Netflix get's their head out of the @$$ and generates a remote friendly version of Netflix (with HD certification) for Android. Then you have a billion other options, this might be sooner then the ATV3 JB because of the ADT-1 version of the Android TV.

Good luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Netflix after upgraded to Frodo0