Not much talk about the CuBox?
hi guys.

has anyone here got some experience with the CuBox from solidrun as a small streaming device using XBMC ?
http://www.solid-run.com/products/cubox

Now i get that a lot of people here have selvbuilds and expensive zotac or intel NUC boxes, and even though the cubox is in no way the cheapest box out there, and only slightly beats the RPi in specs, i could see this box as a great tool to stream from my NAS. Mostly 720p and a few 1080p.

So i was hoping someone here have had some experience with this tiny box?
Seems a bit pricey to me.
Hmmmm,...I wonder if there's a Raspberry Pi insideHuh?

They should have a pix of the internal guts of this thing.
I wouldn't buy one until I saw a pix inside,..and a few reviews came out.
and wouldn't buy it at that price for sure.

I don't need or want a small footprint that bad. In fact, I don't at all.
Wish them lots of luck all the same.
The CuBox is a Raspberry Pi type ARM board, with the diference that it has a proper gigabit ethernet controller (and not USB emulated 100Mbps), higher frequency (800Mhz), more RAM (1GB), Infrared buit in, and eSATA port.

In all fairness it will be more suitable for HTPC duty than rPi it, but you have to take into account the difference in community support.
(2013-04-30, 14:02)snapilica2003 Wrote: The CuBox is a Raspberry Pi type ARM board, with the diference that it has a proper gigabit ethernet controller (and not USB emulated 100Mbps), higher frequency (800Mhz), more RAM (1GB), Infrared buit in, and eSATA port.

In all fairness it will be more suitable for HTPC duty than rPi it, but you have to take into account the difference in community support.

indeed. there do seem to be a few XBMC builds out there though. one in Ubuntu and Geexbox that boots straight to XBMC.

i wish that OpenELEC would edit the RPi to fit this little box, and that SolidRun lowered the price a great deal

(2013-04-30, 13:54)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: Seems a bit pricey to me.
Hmmmm,...I wonder if there's a Raspberry Pi insideHuh?

They should have a pix of the internal guts of this thing.
I wouldn't buy one until I saw a pix inside,..and a few reviews came out.
and wouldn't buy it at that price for sure.

I don't need or want a small footprint that bad. In fact, I don't at all.
Wish them lots of luck all the same.

there is a naked video of it here:

http://vimeo.com/56748141

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not much talk about the CuBox?0