[SOLVED] Movies keep dropping from SQL library
It seems like every other day I have to remove the movies source and readd it, and in turn refresh it, which adds the missing movies back in. After doing this Missing Movie Scanner reports no movies missing.

I am using SQL to sync between three computers. SQL is on a Win7 machine being used as the media server. The Movies source is an SMB share. All three clients are Win7.

Any ideas or thoughts here? I'm a complete newb with SQL, beyond the few steps to get XBMC to sync, and that was because I can follow instructions.

//Afterthoughts.. I think, it might just be my bedroom computer that's dropping movies. Maybe. It happened this evening, and I came to this computer and started XBMC and movies that were missing in the bedroom, were in the library here.
MySQL makes all XBMC devices read the same database, so there really isn't a "sync" in the way you are thinking. If one device is different then it is not using the same MySQL DB that the other XBMC devices are. In any case, a debug log (wiki) would be needed to see what is going on.
I thought that too, but advancedsettings.xml is exactly the same on all three computers.

33 missing movies right now, according to Missing Movie Scanner. Even at least one I just checked actually IS in the movies library, and plays just fine.

Log here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=15453

Thanks.

Also, for TV shows, Friends, most episodes are doubled up, even though I removed the show from the library and did a library update, which readded the show, but episodes are still doubling.
Can you also upload a debug log from one of the working XBMC machines?
Yes sir. This one is from this machine, my main desktop.
hmm, not sure. Debugging wasn't enabled for that log, but even without that additional information, both machines should be showing the same library. Can you upload that second log again, but with debugging enabled? It might give expose errors with the MySQL connection.
Are you using the clean library option on library updates? If so, and the XBMC running the update can not reach the media (ie the server is off) it will see the items as missing and remove them from the library.
Damn. Sorry. This one has debugging on.

When I start XBMC, it updates, then cleans. Also, I use teh WOL add-in.
I have not looked at your log yet, but as I stated earlier, if cleaning is on it will remove items it can not access. So if the server is not on or accessible when the cleaning is called they will get removed
ooooooh ok. Gotcha this time. I'll try that. Gotta figure out how to turn the auto clean off.

EDIT: The only setting about cleaning the library automatically that I can see is in the Watchdog add-in. I've turned off "Clean library when files are moved or deleted".
That may be your issue. There is an advanced setting to clean the library after doing an update. It is done in the advancedsettings.xml. I believe the watchdog add-on was your culprit though.
Ya, I think so, too, but, can you point me in the right direction for that setting? I'm not finding anything online.

EDIT: Nevermind..

<cleanonupdate>false</cleanonupdate>
Yup, that's the setting.
Well, that problem is fixed. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Only problem now is that Missing Movie Scanner is still reporting 33 movies missing, only when run on that one computer, and all 33 do show up.
I am not familiar with that add-on. Best to talk to the add-on dev.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Movies keep dropping from SQL library0