Shared Library Refreshing
I have my library stored as a MySQL database on my NAS.

Machine 1: ran a scan for movies.
Machine 1 and Machine 2: I see the movies (good)
realized that I needed to rescrape
Machine 2: Set content to nothing, then set it to scan the Movies folder again.
Confirmed database is empty
Machine 1: Opened it up and still see all the old stuff.

What do I have to do on Machine 1 to see what's in the database?

Thanks,
John
If machine 1 is still showing old stuff then it is not connecting/using the same MySQL DB as machine 2. Debug log (wiki) needed.
So there's no refresh or anything needed on machine 1?

Oh.......... it seems that I was looking at the recently added movies, and those are all the same... the main list of movies is showing the correct stuff now.

Kinda nice that I didn't lose the list of recently added stuff.
At most, you might back out of a folder and enter it again, but even that I'm not sure if it is needed. Basically, each XBMC box is directly reading the same database, so changes should be "instant".
In addition to what Ned said:

In case you are watching the movie list on #2 and a new movie is scanned in on #1, the xbmc instance on #2 would not magically know that it needed to refresh the screen. It does not constantly refresh the information you are looking at from the database (as this would generate way too much load). The first time that you do a request to the database however, you would get the new information. This will happen when you enter the movie list, or return to it after playing something.

Yeah, back out of the screen and back into it and you will see the newly scraped movie on device #2 as well.
I would, on machine #1, delete Database/Textures13.db and Thumbnails folder, reboot, then pre-load the texture cache so that it is fully consistent with machine #2.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shared Library Refreshing0