OS X TV backend (Mythtv)
I just started using XBMC and purchased a new 2012 Mac Mini to put in my home theater. I have enjoyed most of my experience with it so far. The only problem I have run into is getting Live TV to work. I have an HDHomerun Dual tuner up and running on the network. Where I get stuck is installing Mythtv.

1) Is there an alternate TV backend to MythTV that is a simpler install for OSX?
2) If Mythtv is pretty much it, what is the easiest way to get it up and running?

I did some research and decided to go with the Macports (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MacPorts) install of Mythtv because it seemed to be the most automated install for OSX. I got through the build and install of the backend just fine, but when it came time to initialize the database I started to have issues. I got through the first two commands in this section ok, but the third command came back with an error related to the root MySQL password, which I never setup.

sudo -u _mysql mysql_install_db5

sudo port load mysql5

mysql5 -u root -p < /opt/local/share/mythtv/database/mc.sql

I’m able to get into the backend set up and do everything from scanning channels to setting up the record directories. I’m still not able to get the backend up and running.

I’m staying on OSX, because the wife uses this Mac for other applications as well. What are my options at this point? Do I need to uninstall and start over with another build? Another backend?

Thanks for any help!
Hi,

Just wondering if you had any luck with thisHuh

I'm in exactly the same situation you're in and have no idea how to get around it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV backend (Mythtv)0