Release Settings refactor PR 2660 Documenting changes/issues
my xbmc must really be messed up i have been trying to get the remote app on my iphone to work as the controller so i had to turn "zeroconf" on/enable it, but "zeroconf wasn't showing in my settings so someone said it sounds like i have gotham v13 version and to change it so it shows up to do what everyone in here says to bring up the side menu in appearance which i don't have a side menu either (i tried both on appearance and inside it) i have been trying for weeks to get this working as my controller for my android box is horrible! if anyone has any solutions or even possible fixes please help, thanks
Try using sentences. They start with a capital letter and end with a fullstop.

You need to use confluence skin, after you have done this you can go back to whatever skin you usually use.

Once in confluence go to System|Settings|Services. Then hit the left arrow button/key and in the settings options choose the expert or advanced setting level. Right arrow and you will see a lot more settings, including Zeroconf.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-09-26, 08:25)nickr Wrote: Try using sentences. They start with a capital letter and end with a fullstop.

You need to use confluence skin, after you have done this you can go back to whatever skin you usually use.

Once in confluence go to System|Settings|Services. Then hit the left arrow button/key and in the settings options choose the expert or advanced setting level. Right arrow and you will see a lot more settings, including Zeroconf.

I have always used the confluence skin the only thing i did was add my own custom background but that shouldn't make a difference if it's still the confluence skin?, When i go to System|Settings|Services then hit left it just brings me over to the General/Device name on the right side no side menu pops out
(2013-09-26, 19:01)lukelindsay Wrote:
(2013-09-26, 08:25)nickr Wrote: Try using sentences. They start with a capital letter and end with a fullstop.

I have always used the confluence skin the only thing i did was add my own custom background but that shouldn't make a difference if it's still the confluence skin?, When i go to System|Settings|Services then hit left it just brings me over to the General/Device name on the right side no side menu pops out

Then you don't have the updated confluence skin. Quite simple.
Since you customised the skin you probably did something that it doesn't use the new one.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-09-26, 19:19)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-09-26, 19:01)lukelindsay Wrote:

Then you don't have the updated confluence skin. Quite simple.
Since you customised the skin you probably did something that it doesn't use the new one.

Didn't think it made a difference since it still showed "confluence" in the top left corner but i turned off the option to enable custom background and changed my skin and then put it back to confluence (the original) with no custom background and the side menu is still not there so i don't think that was the problem
Exactly which version of xbmc are you using.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-09-28, 00:01)nickr Wrote: Exactly which version of xbmc are you using.

Not 100% sure i got an android box that came pre installed with xbmc a little over a month ago, The only thing it shows me in the system info is operating system: Linux 3.0.50 #3 SMP PREEMPT
hopefully that helps, I bought it from the candaian g-box website and the guy never answers his emails and when i complain about him not answering his emails on his facebook group he says he didn't get them and he always responds within 24 hours so i have resorted to this lol any help is much appreciated i have tried everything i can think of and that other people have suggested with no luck
SYSTEM > System info will show you the XBMC version. If XBMC was pre-installed on your box, I highly doubt it's running Gotham.
(2013-09-28, 03:46)artrafael Wrote: SYSTEM > System info will show you the XBMC version. If XBMC was pre-installed on your box, I highly doubt it's running Gotham.

Ahh now i see it i was looking at the list at the top side not at the bottom, I'm running XBMC 12.0
Explains a lot!
(2013-09-28, 05:08)nickr Wrote: Explains a lot!

Well i just did an update of my xbmc to the latest 12.2 version and same thing no side menu and zeroconf still isn't appearing
Zeroconf support wasn't added to Android until semi-recent nightly builds (wiki).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Settings refactor PR 2660 Documenting changes/issues1