XBMCBuntu 12.1 FLAC with no sound
Hello,

I have downloaded 24/192 FLAC files recently. I have an Auzentech XPlosion 5.1 (IIRC) card connected via HDMI to my NAD T777. When I play the file there is no sound coming out of the system at all. I checked the logs and there is zero indicator that the file was not able to play. When the file is supposedly playing, the time goes form 0:06 seconds to 0:00 and then to 0:07 to 0:00 again.

I made a video to demonstrate the issue. XBMCBuntu FLAC
Nothing eh?

There is nothing in the logs...otherwise I'd have posted them.
Post a debug log anyway, maybe someone can figure something out.
Will do; I'll need to ssh it and figure out where the debug log is.
~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Looks like your sound card can only do up to 24bit/96kHz via spdif (I could only find the specs for the 7.1) so if the sample is higher than that you need to tell AE to resample to lower kHz see Advancedsettings.xml#.3Caudio.3E (wiki)

The other day I downloaded a 5.1 flack 24bit/96kHz my HTPC can handle upto 192kHz but my TV only up-to 48kHz the result was no sound obviously, adding the resampling did result in something but again I was testing a 5.1 flac and I only have 2.0 channels available as well yet it sort of worked.

Hope that helps.

uNi
Uni you are da man. Some how I missed these updates and I'm glad that I checked the forum before I went ahead and picked up a new sound card. Turns out I have an X-Studio 5.1 that should pick up 96kHz

I threw in these lines:
<audio>
<resample>48000</resample>
</audio>

Of course, I tried 96000 before 48kHz and it did not work. Sounds like VIA does trickery in the drivers/hardware to get "96kHz".

@nickr, as I said before....there is "no" indicators as to the file not playing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBuntu 12.1 FLAC with no sound0