Win MySQL Thumbs Explaination
Hi Guys

I have half setup MySQL (TV Shows working) and I've a few quick questions, i'm so confused about.

I have a machine running xbmc and mysql - Since setting up MySQL I noticed that all the fanart and thumbs etc are now stored in: \TV Shows\Breaking Bad\xxxx

I have 2 questions

1 -I thought it was to be in userdata in the thumbnails folder, which method is preferred or supported?
2 -How do I decide if art is stored in userdata or on the drive itself

Thanks so much
The one in the TV show folder serves as kind of a "master copy" of the image. Each XBMC device will download the image from that location and then have it cached locally in the userdata folder. When you add a new XBMC device, or redo an XBMC install, then that new XBMC instance will be able to use that copy for building its local cache.

XBMC can also do this with using URLs to the location of the image on the web, but over time it's possible for those URLs to no longer be valid, so new XBMC installs will fail to load the image in their local cache. This is one reason why the wiki instructions recommends migrating old/existing data using the export-multiple files method, to avoid situations where the URL is expired.
Hi Ned

Thanks for taking the time out to explain this to me Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Thumbs Explaination0