Win Screen Problem
I have developed a curios problem with my HTPC. About a week ago the computer crashed and hasn't been right since. At one point the screen produced the attached image. Today I went to re-install Windows and during the installation the TV started doing this. Then the PC eventually just shut off. Anyone have any ideas what the cause of this could be?

The build for this PC is in this forum some place. This is an i3 processor using the built in graphics.

Im not familiar with your MB but you should be able to fix it with changing your on board graphics settings - try a smaller amount of memory shared.
Also if you can set cpu cooler to maximum speed in bios during install Smile
Can you access BIOS? I would check settings there.

If not, this seems like a hardware malfunction somewhere. I would test every piece that you can: Display, cable, video output on motherboard, BIOS Settings, etc...
Could be a thermal issue if the PC is shutting down. Check your heatsink/fan and make sure it's connected and running. Boot into the BIOS and find the "hardware monitor" or something similar and look at the temps to see if they suddenly climb and keep climbing.

You can also create a bootable CD from here: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ and run some diagnostics.

When I've seen similar in the past, after going through the checks above, it was the motherboard. But, I've only seen this a couple of times.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen Problem0