OS X renameIT - rename TV Series & Movies on Mac OSX [64bit only for now]
(2013-05-06, 12:24)VibeZ Wrote: where can we get the updated file? from the website?

EDIT: ok i followed the link on website and seen the .dmg file was uploaded 8mins prior so i tried that, it opened and i was able to drag files over, in the status box it showed that it renamed the files, i clicked next and it crashed, i checked the source folder and nothing has been renamed, i tried several times dragging folders and files.

here is a copy of the error.
http://pastebin.com/gWFkKn0q

Ok, I think I have it sorted now, was more problems with default settings etc.
I have uploaded another file for you guys to try out.
Let me know how it goes.

This should take you straight to the new file : [DOWNLOAD]
Hmm, it looks like you can only drag one file at a time onto the app?
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
No folders too, what is the structure of the folder you are trying?
(2013-05-07, 05:57)joshgaby Wrote: No folders too, what is the structure of the folder you are trying?

No, I didn't try a folder.. just selected a few files and tried to drop them onto the app..
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
Oh ok, that's not something i do so I hadn't thought about implementing it. Makes sense though, I will look at including that next.
(2013-05-07, 06:02)joshgaby Wrote: Oh ok, that's not something i do so I hadn't thought about implementing it. Makes sense though, I will look at including that next.

Sounds good.. how about just scanning a download folder for video files to rename/move? (Just like theRenamer)
That is on my list of features to add, just not as close to the top of the list as getting it to work for everyone Tongue

edit:
I have now implemented dragging multiple files / folders. It will be available in the next release.
just tried the new version and its working great, thanks heaps for doing this joshgaby i dont have to worry bout running therenamer in VMware anymore haha.
(2013-05-07, 07:55)VibeZ Wrote: just tried the new version and its working great, thanks heaps for doing this joshgaby i dont have to worry bout running therenamer in VMware anymore haha.

That was the main reason for doing it lol, I couldn't find anything with the simplicity that theRenamer has for Mac and thought it was about time the gap was filled.
Its not anywhere near complete as theRenamer is but that project does have a few years head start...
(2013-05-07, 06:43)joshgaby Wrote: That is on my list of features to add, just not as close to the top of the list as getting it to work for everyone Tongue

edit:
I have now implemented dragging multiple files / folders. It will be available in the next release.

cool, that was quick Smile
New version now available through the website.

renameit.jamdown.co.nz

Side note:
Next update should include auto downloading subtitle if opensubtitles.org gets back to me in time.
Apparently some people are having an issue where all movie files are being skipped, I am still not sure what is causing this so in order to work this out, I have built a debugging logger into the latest version.

Download:
renameIT v1.0.5

To use the new debug log file:
  1. Create a folder on your desktop called "renameIT Debug" (without the quotes).
Thats it... renameIT will create its log file more verbosely and save it to that folder.

send me the contents of the log file through PM and I will see what I can do.
Ok, so I have found what was causing the problem of movies being skipped.

I think I have found a solution to the problem, but until I can get someone to test it the best way to avoid having it happen is to install Perian from here

If anyone would be able to test a new version for me so I can release it, PM me and I will send it to you.

Edit:
Update has now been released. Should now recognize all video files. download from the usual place here.
Hi all,

I am in the middle of implementing a folder watcher. What I mean by that is, renameIT will stay open in the background and watch a list of folders for changes and rename files as needed (If you enable it in the settings).

What i need to know is how often do would you want renameIT to check for changesHuh

every 5, 10, 20, 30, 60 minutes?
every few hours?

Let me know what you guys think and Ill go from there.

P.S. The next major release will include some major changes include automatic subtitle downloads.
(2013-05-16, 08:27)joshgaby Wrote: Hi all,

I am in the middle of implementing a folder watcher. What I mean by that is, renameIT will stay open in the background and watch a list of folders for changes and rename files as needed (If you enable it in the settings).

What i need to know is how often do would you want renameIT to check for changesHuh

every 5, 10, 20, 30, 60 minutes?
every few hours?

Let me know what you guys think and Ill go from there.

P.S. The next major release will include some major changes include automatic subtitle downloads.

Just make it user configurable.. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
renameIT - rename TV Series & Movies on Mac OSX [64bit only for now]2