Win Another high CPU usage question
Hi guys

Im a newbie to the forum. I have been doing some reading up on the high cpu usage issues some guys have been reporting.

Mine is a weird one.

My cpu runs perfectly all the time, until i turn off the TV and the AVR. As soon as i do that my cpu spikes to about 90%.

I noticed this when i heard my fans spinning exceptionally fast.

When i turned on the the tv the fans slowed down and my cpu graph dropped.

I have done the dirty regions changes that i found on the forum. Any other ideas you might have that is causing this weird issue?

I tried the logging thing but not sure if i am doing it correctly, as i didnt see anything in the logs thats different from turning the tv off / on.
Could this be because its not detecting a display and the refresh rate is going nuts because it has nothing to refresh to?

Isnt the dirty regions code supposed to sort this out?
Anybody else experienced this or have a idea of what i can look at to solve the problem?
I too experience this exact same issue. After turning off my TV and AVR, the CPU spikes and my fans run high until I turn those devices back on. I did try searching existing posts but couldn't find anything so far. I did verify VSYNC set to always. The only thing I haven't tried yet is turning off the RSS feed or playing with refresh rates.

By the way, this happens with both the new Intel video drivers (the one with the known graphical glitches) and the previous version. My box is an i5 3570k (HD 4000), SSD, Win7.

I sure hope someone else has solved this!

Thanks,
Spectrum

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another high CPU usage question0