Downgrading from beta 13.x to release 12.2 - which database versions match 12.2?
Hi all,

After installing release XBMC on my Android device, I decided to bring my desktop back to the release version also (I'd tried a nightly and it failed to launch on my Android device).

Right now I have databases:
Code:
mysql> show databases like 'xbmc%';
+------------------+
| Database (xbmc%) |
+------------------+
| xbmc_music       |
| xbmc_music18     |
| xbmc_music32     |
| xbmc_music33     |
| xbmc_video       |
| xbmc_video60     |
| xbmc_video75     |
+------------------+
7 rows in set (0.00 sec)
Which ones correspond to XBMC version 12.2? This way I can delete the newer ones for the beta versions such that when a release upgrade happens, I don't get landed with an old copy of the database.

Launching XBMC in temporary account without advancedsettings, I notice that the SQLite databases MyMusic32.db and MyVideos75.db get created
Code:
.xbmc/userdata/Database# ls My*
MyMusic32.db  MyVideos75.db
... so I'm assuming this corresponds with xbmc_music32 and xbmc_video75 in MySQL respectively.

More generally, is there a page that documents app version to database schema version?
Both v13 as far as alpha 4 and 12.2 will use these.

Code:
+------------------+
| Database (xbmc%) |
+------------------+
| xbmc_music32 < v12.2 and v13 up to probably alpha2/3
| xbmc_music33 < V13  alpha#? maybe was using 32 until last week.
| xbmc_video75  < both v13 and v12.2
+------------------+

The other version are probably from Eden #60 & #18 and others which dont have numbers likely some custom stuff your using, so idk you tell us what these are, you can back them up and keep them just in case.

uNi
Thanks Smile ... I don't have rep buttons yet tho, sorry Sad
Since I posted this, it appears there's now a handy lookup chart...

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...sion_table
What about textures.dbs and thumbnails files? I just downgraded from Gotham to Frodo. What thumbnails folders can I delete from Gotham?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Downgrading from beta 13.x to release 12.2 - which database versions match 12.2?0