Win [SOLVED] frodo on win7 flickering+ when playing video only sound works no pic
hello there,

as in the subject, windows 7 machine, with updated video card drivers (intel graphic media accelerator).

after installing XBMC and running it starts up and then screen begins flickering as soon as the menu appears, tried diff things on the system menu with no luck. tried to play a vid through youtube addon and the soud was working fine but no picture only sound. and please note that the flickering stops when playing the video but again it's only the sound which is working.

i got the log file on
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=15764

any suggestion is appreciated guys

thanks
Try turning off DXVA2 in settings\video\playback.
indeed, that solved the video issue. videos are workin just fine now, thank you kricker.

any thought about the flickering issue?
I suggest searching the forums, you may find an answer in there. I remember other users with such issue but I do not recall the fix. My gut tells my it is driver related though.
driver updated, and issue resolved.
please note that the auto-detection update software on intel's website did not detected that my driver is out of date. so you have to go manually to the GMA 3600 page and download the latest driver.

again, thanks kricker
Always best to do it manually anyhow. I never trust the auto driver detections. Marking this as closed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] frodo on win7 flickering+ when playing video only sound works no pic0