[Apple TV 2] 12.2 crashes on startup with mysql
Let me share some of my findings since my last post.

I have installed XBMC on a pc to connect to the same MySql db. It works fine, no crash.
I have upgraded and downgraded XBMC on ATV2 (from Frodo to nightly builds). Always crashes when showing some movie info.
The crash at startup only happens if the startup menu item is Movies and is showing Recently Added. This was my initial case.
I have then created a new MySql DB. Scanned all movies. Didn't get the problem since there was a different list of movies in the Recently Added. If I open the Movies section, it crashes after a few seconds.
So my guess is that something about the movies is causing it. Dont know what or why.
Havent found what's causing it.
Tired of it, reverted to the local db in the ATV2. No problems since then.
Tried the nightly build from early this week - it starts to crash again.. but somehow this crashing seems to happen at random times.. and I'm still using the local DB (not MySql)

Not sure what to make of this.. at the moment I think it is better effort spent into replacing the ATV2 for something better than figuring out what's going on..

ps My movies collection has around 370 movies.. i read about similar problem with DB with > 3000 movies leading to memory problems of the ATV2.. dont think that's the case here.
Don't be to precise about ios versions or crash reporter files please. Keep up the postings without a clue and logs and just assume that each crash must be the same. This definitly will lead to a quick fix by the talented devs with crystal balls... *sigh*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
You had a crash reporter file above and there was no follow up, and I don't assume, I read the logs and the crash reporter I can see that initially it very similar and probably not worth opening a new thread of it's own. You could have just asked for my crash reporter file and logs instead, Do you want my crash reporter file, or shall I just ignore the issue?
I didn't see the reason since that has been reported earlier in the thread, as this is an on-going discussion.. but fair enough, I'm on 4.1.1 and the latest crash log is here: http://pastebin.com/Uy8RTjNn
those are unrelated crashs. @timc3 your crashlog link is dead.

@nando - try the build from here (gotham normally needs at least ios 4.3, frodo at least 4.2- so thats why you keep crashing i guess):

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1505349

Beside that - even if you guys have the same setup (using mysql) - the crashes are caused by different things. And whenever you change the ios version or the xbmc version i need new crashlogs as the cause of crashing could always change.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Is it possible to somehow still get this file from somewhere?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/darw...o-atv2.deb

I'm attempting to setup a shared mysql database and have it working on a windows box running frodo 12.2 and an android box running frodo 12.2. I believe the above build might let me use this shared database on my atv2 because i think it's a frodo 12.2 build with a fix for the shared database when running < 4.3 firmware. My atv2 is on firmware 4.2.1 and unfortunately I only have the shsh blobs from 4.2.1 (nothing higher).

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I found from reading the wiki that the database versions didn't change between 12.0 to 12.2, so I decided to put frodo 12.0 on the apple tv and it seems to be working well and my mysql database is working also. So for now I'm going to stay on 12.0. I'm going to keep an eye out for when the next atv2 unteathered jailbreak comes out and update to it (once i see someone else on the forums confirm xbmc works).
(2013-10-17, 19:42)teefer22 Wrote: Is it possible to somehow still get this file from somewhere?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/darw...o-atv2.deb

I'm attempting to setup a shared mysql database and have it working on a windows box running frodo 12.2 and an android box running frodo 12.2. I believe the above build might let me use this shared database on my atv2 because i think it's a frodo 12.2 build with a fix for the shared database when running < 4.3 firmware. My atv2 is on firmware 4.2.1 and unfortunately I only have the shsh blobs from 4.2.1 (nothing higher).

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I found from reading the wiki that the database versions didn't change between 12.0 to 12.2, so I decided to put frodo 12.0 on the apple tv and it seems to be working well and my mysql database is working also. So for now I'm going to stay on 12.0. I'm going to keep an eye out for when the next atv2 unteathered jailbreak comes out and update to it (once i see someone else on the forums confirm xbmc works).

Hi teefer, the "latest" test build for us folks on very old iOS (as far as I'm aware) is http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/darw...r-atv2.deb

The devs are keen to get more feedback on this build (plus it is a Gotham test build so full of tasty Gotham flavours).
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
This should be solved as of the next nightly build ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV 2] 12.2 crashes on startup with mysql0