Screen turns black, then returns.
Hi!

I have a major problem with my XBMCbuntu installation, and I really don't know whether this is due problems with the HTPC hardware, hdmi cable, amp, xbmc setup or software. Hopefully, some of you might be able to help me out.

HTPC setup:
Intel i3 3225 w/HD4000 graphics
Intel DH77DF m-ITX motherboard

Amp: Denon AVR 1910
TV: Samsung PS50C7005
Connected with HDMI like this: HTPC -> AMP -> TV (only video is passed through to the TV, audio is processed in the amp)

I run XBMC Frodo v 12.0

Now, my main problem is that, during playback, the picture turns black and then reappears after a couple of seconds. This happens during playback, but it has also happened while navigating the menu. Audio is unaffected by the problem as it runs uninterrupted while the screen is black. The problem seem to appear at random, sometimes I can watch a whole movie/episode without problem, other times it might happen 4-5 times during a movie. I can replay the part of the video without reproducing the problem, so I don't believe there is something wrong with the movie itself. The screen acts the same as when the refresh rate change occurs when starting a movie (i.e. going from 60Hz in menu to 24Hz in movie). When it happens, my Samsung TV reports resolution and refresh rate onscreen, something it normally does only when receiving a new signal for the first time (changing video sources, refresh rate etc.).

So, it seems as the TV somehow loses the video input, before resyncing. Whether this is due to xbmc, the hardware/drivers, cables, amp or the TV itself is a little hard for me to know.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to best troubleshoot my problem? Have anybody experienced the same kind of issue? Any help would be appreciated. I'll try to capture a debug log the next time it happens, maybe that can shed some light on the issue.
Check your hdmi cables

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen turns black, then returns.0