Unfortunately still audio problem with xbmc 12.2
(2013-05-05, 21:54)gimble Wrote: If you are having audio problems with the Audio Output setting set to HDMI, try changing it Optical/Coax even if you have the machine connected via HDMI. On the Mid 2011 Mac Mini, I have Optical/Coax set for the Audio Output setting but have the Audio Output Device setting set to HDMI. The Mac Mini is only connected to the receiver using a HDMI cable.

I had the same problem and I fixed it this way.

Thank you
Just wanted to add my 2 cents. My problems on my 2010 Mac Mini on 10.8.3 are exactly the same as those described by gimble. When all is said and done, I have it set to Optical/Coax 7.1 with Ac3 and DTS support switched on, and that seems to work on my receiver for everything.

The upshot is that 12.2 is DEFINITELY a huge improvement for me, and I appreciate it.
My problem with audio in 12.2 with a Mac mini 2011 is my receiver. This didn't happen with < 12.1

Here are my steps:

1. Start with receiver on the Mac mini input with 12.2 having sound
3. Turn off TV
4. Receiver turns off via CEC
5. Turn on TV
7. Xbmc has no audio. No video audio or sound effects.

If I go to audio settings and toggle the speaker configuration from 5.1 to 5.0, I instantly get sound again in 12.2. I can only assume that's the audio system re-initing.

Sound works in 12.2 until the above scenario happens again.
Ok, I just updated to 10.8.3 (oops, thought I was up to date), which also included a firmware update for the Mac mini 2011, and everything appears to work like normal again.

Huzzah!
(2013-05-07, 11:29)Memphiz Wrote: Thank you for that statement - at least there are working constellations outside of my living room Smile (doesn't bring anything to the users who are pulling out their hairs because of that "crap" called XBMC - but it gives something to us devs).

Do you think it could be usefull making a seperate sticky-thread with working configs?
mine, for example, is working fine as well (mini 2010 / Lion / xbmc 12.2)
Hi guys, Im only new to this forum but i have been following this topic for some time.

I have run XBMC for years on my 2007 Mac mini but a few months back I upgraded to a late 2012 2.6ghz i7 Mac mini and have had all these same issues. I have read every article i could find, i have wiped my library app support folders and reinstalled fresh countless times, tried different nightlies, monthlies, alphas, betas and older releases only to find once i thought i have fixed the issue it reappears.

Just thought i'd tell everyone the only solution that works for me consistently via HDMI is to disable everything except Multichannel LPCM capable.

PS I love XBMC, you guys do a fantastic job!!
With 12.2 I had no sound on SD TV channels (mpeg2audio stereo).

I changed Output Device from HDMI to Optical/Coax and now sound is back on all SD channels, thanks for the tip!
(2013-05-05, 21:54)gimble Wrote: If you are having audio problems with the Audio Output setting set to HDMI, try changing it Optical/Coax even if you have the machine connected via HDMI. On the Mid 2011 Mac Mini, I have Optical/Coax set for the Audio Output setting but have the Audio Output Device setting set to HDMI. I think Default worked as well. The Mac Mini is only connected to the receiver using a HDMI cable.

I want to report that this worked for me also. I have a Mac Mini mid-2010 (Macmini4,1 MC270LL/A) with only HDMI connected. With Audio Output set to HDMI 7.1, I get no sound from MP3 music files, but movies with DTS/AC3 work fine. I set Audio Output to Optical/Coax and leave Audio Output Device to HDMI and now everything works, except I lose the ability to play multi-channel LPCM.

Also, with Audio Output set to HDMI 7.1, when toggling the Audio Output Device to anything other than HDMI, there is a 90% chance that XBMC will hang. I can reproduce this fairly easily.

Separate issue: if I turn on cross fading for music, there is an audio drop out during the cross fading. It doesn't matter how many seconds the cross fading is set at, it will always have a momentary drop out of audio. Hope that gets fixed, cross fading is a must for parties Cool
I have the same issue.. i have found that it only happens when bluetooth is using an audio device. When i turn it off... everything is fine. Has anyone tried this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unfortunately still audio problem with xbmc 12.20