Win Is there a global delay setting for Audio Video Sync
Hi all. New to XBMC and desperate to get it working.

a) Initially my video would play fast/slow alternatively and never at normal speed. Audio was fine. I fixed this by moving to windowed fullscreen mode (Directx fullscreen had the issue)

b) Now with widowed fullscreen both video and audio play at the right speed but there is a global delay (audio always comes first).

Is there anyway I can set a fix delay to sync the two. Alternatively, anyone know why there is a delay.
You should really try and find out why true full screen if not working, you may get video artifacts in video full screen window.

But on delay, when playing video open OSD then go to Audio & Subtitle settings and change "Audio Offset", see Video_playback#OSD_audio_and_subtitle_settings (wiki) that will apply to currently playing video, to then make it a Global setting go to bottom and select "Set as default for all videos".
The delay is created by small timing differences in the processing of video and audio by your hardware.

In my home setup my AVR is able to figure out what delay needs to be corrected and it is set automatically, but most people need to set this manually.
And then there is the group that doesn't notice the delay at all, like a friend of mine Smile
Thanks for those suggestions. I better see why its not working in the first place. I downloaded VLC to play the video and it has the same problems. However K-lite codec pack plays ok on Media player (classical and new).

By the way I am not talking about lip-sync off a few frames... its like off by a few seconds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a global delay setting for Audio Video Sync0