Low Frame Rate on HD File with 12.2
I did a clean install of 12.2 on my system. Dual core, 8GB memory (about half full).

I notice XBMC takes about 10% of the CPU just sitting there, in the UI, playing nothing...

However when I tried to play a file the frame rate drops to about 4fps.I thought this might have been related to the media file being on a USB drive, but it's the same when played from C:.

Debug file is here:

http://pastebin.com/4cEwDxiU

Any ideas? It's a clean config so I did try a few things, like turning off hardware decoding (DXVA2 setting) (no effect).
Keith

XBMC on Acer Revo, Windows 7.
ATV2.
Intel NUC, Windows 7
Gateway Laptop when traveling...
It's most likely your audio settings, to prove try the most basic settings which are:

Audio Output: Analog
Speaker configuration: 2.0
Audio Output Device: Directsound Device*

* Where device is the connection type e.g. HDMI

If that works then your previous audio settings were incorrect, if 5.1/7.1 is needed then take a look at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911 to find where you were going wrong.
Just looked at the log, as you've no passthrough device available you need XBMC to do all decoding so try the above settings & stick with them if they work.
Thanks for the help! I configured as suggested and the frame rate is fine. I can see the movie on the attached TV.

Earlier I had the audio working through the HDMI though, I don't understand what might have changed. Now I can only listen on my laptop speakers.

I don't need 5.1, I am just sending to a TV in my hotel room Smile

I don't know what I might have changed.
Keith

ATV2.
Intel NUC, Windows 7
XBMC polls available devices on startup, if you didn't have TV connected when you last started XBMC it wouldn't see a valid HDMI connection. So make sure any connections are made before starting XBMC, and if any connections are made after starting XBMC then XBMC needs to be closed then launched again.
Bingo! Thank you very much.

I restarted with the TV selected as a second monitor first, and now I get the passthrough device there, and all works great.

Again, thanks for the help!
Keith

ATV2.
Intel NUC, Windows 7

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Low Frame Rate on HD File with 12.20