Aeon not using pointers from pointer.xml
Hi,

I'm running XBMC on an Android device (Minix NEO X5). I don't want the pointer on the screen, so I created some transparent png files and copied them to media folder:

The problem is that Aeon is not using them. I got the device default pointer. Any ideas?

Thanks
I'm guessing that's because those files exist in Textures.xbt and that's where Nox looks first. You can try creating your own .xbt file using texture packager and select it as your theme in XBMC. That's what I did to replace some of the other graphics.
Can't you just turn off the mouse? Or just edit the Pointer.xml to remove them.
(2013-05-04, 16:36)bryanbrazil Wrote: I'm guessing that's because those files exist in Textures.xbt and that's where Nox looks first. You can try creating your own .xbt file using texture packager and select it as your theme in XBMC. That's what I did to replace some of the other graphics.

Well, I will look into creating my own .xbt filem but I think Aeon it's not using these pointers:

And this is how the Aeon pointer should look:

(2013-05-04, 16:37)Hitcher Wrote: Can't you just turn off the mouse? Or just edit the Pointer.xml to remove them.

Indeed, I kind of turned it off. I'm using the Mele F10 Air mouse. It has a button to turn off the mouse function, but it kicks back on it you press the back button, which I really need and can't remap. So I edited the keyboard.xml file and use <mousemove>noop</mousemove>.

Thanks
That's not the OS's mouse is it?
(2013-05-04, 17:12)Hitcher Wrote: That's not the OS's mouse is it?

Well, I guess so, but how can I be sure?

Thanks
Just checked Aeon Nox and that is indeed NOT the Aeon's mouse.

Best ask in the Android forum about hiding it.
You're right. I'm trying to find out what is causing this. I guess it has something to do with the Android ROM I'm running.

Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon not using pointers from pointer.xml0