Set ViewType as default
Hello,

first this skin is awesome! the best is the customization of the main menu.

but now i have a big problem: is there any possibility to set a viewtype (in my case showcase) as default for all libraries and collections?
i didn't find this option anywhere, maybe i'm just blind...
its quite annoying to set the viewtype for every collection.

Thanks for every helpSmile
This comes up quite a bit but is usually dismissed as "not happening on my install" and "problem does not exist" but the always friendly experts on this forum. This is what you can do to fix it:

Change the order of the views in MyVideoNav.xml and put your preferred one at the front. You're looking for this bit: <views>50,51,52,53</views>. Find out what the number is for the view you prefer and put that first in the list.

You can also kinda force this by disabling the other views under the skin settings. Obviously doesn't work if you're defaulting to list-view.
Thanks for your reply. So this problem is not common?

In MyVideoNav.xml is this:
<views>50,52,53,57,500,501,503,550,508,509,510,512,514,516,518</views>
but no matter what i put at the front i doesn't change anything.
if i only delete one Number XBMC creates a mess of views.
Disabling the other views causes the list view to be default, which can't be changed.

What should i do now?
So you had the number for Showcase first? Where 50 is now? Think Showcase is 53, just switch em around, so the line says 53,52,50, etc.

For me that fixed the problem where movie collections would always show up in List or TriPanel view even though Movies in general was set to Showcase.

I assume you restarted XBMC after you changed the file?

If that doesn't work I don't know either. Hopefully one of the experts can help you (although they tend to be kinda hostile if they don't think the problem exists).
Oh yes. Thank you so much! That did it. Maybe i messed something up at my first try. But now i switched 50 and 503 and it worksSmile

Notice for other readers: If some collections still have an other view although the most collections have no problems, delete all lines in the table 'view' of the ViewModes.db where path is like 'videodb:/*setid*'
There you set a viewtype before and so they won't be default, strangely this will also cause problems if you set a viewtype for a collection in another skin, aenon seems to adopt the view.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set ViewType as default0